Oak Valley Newsletter
Week of 11/7/2022
Reminder - Class begins at 8:25 each morning. Students begin lining up to start class at 8:23. Please make sure your child arrives to campus with adequate time to arrive to class before 8:25. Students who arrive at or after 8:25 need to pass through the office to get a pass to class.
While there are times that being absent, leaving early, or arriving late are unavoidable, student attendance is a huge indicator of student success. For the month of August our schoolwide full day attendance rate was 94.4%, and in October our full day attendance rate was 93.28%.
We currently have 160 students with perfect attendance for the 2022-2023 school year!
Fentanyl Awareness update
We are continuing to work through the dangers that can be present due to fentanyl exposure. This includes both prevention and safety precautions. Please see the flyer below for more resources.
This Week (11/7 - 11/11)
- Monday November 7th - 8th Grade students will attend the Tulare High School Districts Annual Academy Showcase at Tulare Galaxy Theaters. Buses depart from Oak Valley @ 8:10
- Informational meeting for Washington D.C. World Strides Trip (grades 5-8) - Tuesday 11/8/22 @ 4:45 in room 705
- Latino Family Literacy Night - Wednesday 11/9/22 and 11/16/2022 @ 4:30, meet in the library
- Soccer game - 11/10/22 - Soccer @ Palo Verde
- Veteran's Day - Friday, 11/11/22 - No School
Next Week (11/14 - 11/18)
- Coffee With the Principal - Thursday, 11/17/2022
- Soccer game- Thursday, 11/17/22 @ Tipton
- Holiday Early Release - Friday, 11/18/22 - All students dismissed at 1:30
Coffee with the principal
Monthly parent/principal meeting
5th - 8th grade Washington D.C opportunity
This is an informational meeting for an optional trip.
Family Latino Literacy Night
ALL are welcome