Ms. Bertucci & Mrs. Wilkinson News May 2016
Year End Wrap Up
- Birdville ISD has partnered with Clarity BrightBytes to survey students, parents, and campus staff on the impact of technology use both inside and outside the classroom. The results of the survey will help BISD develop appropriate digital learning opportunities to best serve the needs of all students. The District is also committed to providing appropriate digital resources, at the right cost, in order to maximize the use of existing technology. BrightBytes is a web-based, research-driven tool that will assist BISD evaluate the current digital learning approaches and technologies available to our students. All questionnaires — student, teachers, and parents — are available in Spanish. Participants can toggle in the top right-hand corner of their questionnaire screen between English and Spanish. The parent survey only takes 5 Minutes. Please consider taking it. The student survey is for 3rd grade and up so kindergarten will not be taking the survey this year.
Now Through May 6, 2016
Bright Bytes link for Richland Elementary:
- Week of May 2 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 4 - Museum Night 6-8
- May 9-11 Closed Campus for STAAR testing. There will be no after school activities including Aspire this week.
- Week of May 15 - Book Fair - BOGO event. Buy one book get one free! Take advantage to stock up for summer reading!
- May 15 - All library books are due.
- May 17 - PTA meeting and choir concert
- May 20 - Field Day (Please contact the school if you can volunteer to help run activities)
- May 24 - Richland's Got Talent
- May 27 - 2:00 PM Kindergarten Celebration Ceremony and Performance - Please make plans to attend our Celebration Ceremony. Each student will be given a Certificate of Completion for all their hard work throughout the year. We will also be giving out 6 CORE Value awards to students that exhibit our 6 CORE character traits. Any student with Perfect Attendance will be recognized as well. Parents, Grandparents, and any family members are welcome to attend. The students will perform a small display of the nursery rhymes they have learned this year as well.
- June 1 - End of Year Party 11:30
Parts of speech - nouns, verbs, adjectives and prepositions
Reading fluently and pointing to the words as you read. Recognizing sight words and using known sounds to discover unfamiliar words.
where, was, this, little
review word families
Write about what you've learned - plant parts, field day, etc.
Personal Financial Literacy
Review Kindergarten concepts and prepare for 1st grade.
Plant parts, plant life cycle
Community jobs and living in a community
Summer Holidays - Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Mother's Day, Father's Day
Thank you Volunteers!
We will also need volunteers for Field Day on May 20. Email Coach Wilson if you want to help email@example.com
Please consider volunteering! Thank you in advance!
- Please initial your child's behavior calendar every night. This is very important since this is our communication with you.
- Please send your child with a jacket every day, since we do go outside for recess and the weather changes dramatically in Texas. Please label all your children's belongings.
- Attendance is really important because first grade is around the corner and we still have a lot of material to cover to get ready.
Reading at home
Parents please remember that it is very important to read with your child at home. We have provided two important resources for reading this six weeks.
The sight word readers as well as new books that will be sent home.
Second, your child has access to the wonderful program called RAZ Kids! The students are getting a chance to read through books at school. You may access this vast library of books at their reading level through a tablet or computer. Visit https://www.raz-kids.com/. Click on kids login. Input teacher username (cwilkinson7 or mbertucci0). Once you are in the classroom choose your child's name. Your child may read to you or read independently. Make sure your child is paying close attention as he/she is reading. In the 2nd level each child will have comprehension quizzes to complete to see if he/she understood the story. This is a great way to have conversations about what they are reading.
Richland's Got Talent
All PK-5 are invited to showcase your talents!
May 3rd: Those chosen to participate in the talent show are notified.
May 4th – May 17: Practice your talent on your own.
May 18 at 3:30 in Cafeteria: Practice – know your words and routines and come ready to practice. Props are not needed unless you want to practice with them. Only those acts chosen by the judges at the afterschool audition will perform.
May 23rd at 8:10 am in Cafeteria: Full Dress Rehearsal– Attendance at the dress rehearsal is mandatory for you to take part in the show. Only those acts chosen by the judges at the afterschool audition will perform in the show.
May 24th at 1:30pm in Cafeteria: Performance Day!