October 4th, 2022
"Where it's always a good day to be a Bison!"
Welcome to October!
October is a wonderful month - cooler temperatures, fall leaves and lots happening! I want to ask your help with a few things - all explained in detail as you read on.
1. Please sign up for our Fall Parent-teacher Connections. You should have received a request to sign up from your classroom teacher.
2. If you are coming to the classroom Halloween parties and parade, plan on stopping by the office during conferences to pre-print your badge. Make sure you have your driver's license or ID with you!
3. Please plan on attending our PTO meeting on October 13th. I will be making a presentation that night and would love you to participate!
4. Finally - please, please take a few minutes and give us feedback by taking the Fall Parent Survey (link below). Your participation is important. We will also send dialers home with the link. The survey is open until 10/21.
I hope you enjoy the 2 videos below. The first one is our very first Bison Strong parade for the school year - Safety. We celebrate students who go above and beyond with safety at Second Creek. The second one gives you a glimpse at our week last week! We had lots happening - jumping castles, a special visit from our High School and some general fun and learning.
Thank you for sharing your children with us!
Parent-Teacher Connections - October 18th-21th
Halloween Parties and all school parade - Information
Breakfast with Buddies - 10/07 at Second Creek (before school)
October Count - All This Week
Important Dates - all in one place!
10/04 - October Count and Chipotle Fundraiser
10/05 - Kona Ice - at dismissal
10/06 - Orange and Blue Day!
10/07 - PTO-Sponsored Breakfast with Buddies
10/13 - 5:30pm-6:30pm - PTO Meeting at Second Creek
10/14 - End of First Quarter
10/18-10/21 - Parent-Teacher Connections
Week of 10/18 - Book Fair in the Library
If you are a returning family to Second Creek, you know our parking lot is small and needs special care during morning drop off and afternoon pick up. Thank you for contributing to the overall safety of our staff and students!
If you are a new family to Second Creek, please read the information below carefully. Staff (and sometimes Commerce City police) are out during morning drop off and afternoon dismissal to make sure everyone is safe.
Parents, it is very important that we do not park on the bus lane before or after school. Blocking the bus causes delays that go beyond our school.
Here are a few reminders about our drop off and pick up procedures. You know that Commerce City police pops in once in a while and issue tickets to vehicles that are not following our safety rules... so please make sure you are doing what you can do keep our students and staff safe!
- No parked cars in the "no parking zone" - which is by the sidewalk from the beginning of the parking lot all the way to the front doors. This is a fire lane and also a bus lane. There is NO PARKING anytime. Only drop off or pick up. We have noticed many cars parked waiting for the school to open in the morning, blocking the bus and causing lines of cars that go all the way outside the parking lot. Please drop off your student and go - no parking.
- Same rules apply for pick up after school.
- Students can be dropped off at 7:30am for breakfast eaters and 7:35am for non breakfast eaters. We do not have supervision for students who are dropped off before these times.
- Students must be picked up at 3:30pm every day. We do not have staff to supervise students after school.
- Let us know if you need information about our before and after-school program.
- Please only use the handicap parking if you have a handicap license.
- The Staff of the Month parking is for staff only at all times.
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF DRIVEWAYS!
We appreciate your cooperation!
A shout out to our sponsors!
The Landing Place Church
The Landin Place Church has donated brand new playground equipment to our student. They have donated our blue safety vests that staff wears. They gave also donated goodies and burritos to feed all of our staff.