Mrs. Treece's Class News
Week of 9/19-9/23
Since our Last News Update ...
- Learned how to make inferences.
- Begun reading Rules by Cynthia Lord & have been applying our knowledge of character traits to this novel.
- Continued our grammar study on sentences & learned the different types of sentences (declarative, interrogative, exclamatory & imperative.)
- Completed unit 2 in our spelling books
- Continued our cursive writing unit.
* In Math:
- 3rd grade has completed chapter 1 on Place Value & did AWESOME on their first test.
- 4th grade has continued chapter 1 on Place Value.
* In Art:
- We have begun our Autumn Art unit, learning how to follow directions to draw a bushel of apples! This will make for a great seasonal decoration! :-)
- We have completed the first round of the Dibels testing.
- We have finished setting Q1 goals for ourselves & are working towards reaching them by collecting evidence.
What's to Come this Week?
- Continue reading Rules & working in reading groups to discuss important events in the story
- Begin writing our first personal narrative about our very own characters
- Begin our unit project - making a character scrapbook!
- Continue learning new cursive letters
- Begin spelling unit 3: 3rd grade (Short U: o or u) 4th grade (Long A: a, ai or ay)
- The 3rd grade will begin chapter 2 - Addition
- The 4th grade will continue & wrap up chapter 1
*In Social Studies we will:
- Learn about maps, parts of a map, and how to use a map in order to locate places in a country, state, city or town.
*In Keyboarding we will:
- Continue using www.typetolearn.com (feel free to use this website at home as well!)
* Our first field trip to Museum village will be on Friday 9/30
* Continue doing your homework each night & filling out your reading log
* Remember to work towards achieving your Q1 goals!
* If you have an questions or comments, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org