Mrs. Morris' Weekly Update
September 19, 2016
Tuesday-PE/ Hat Day
Wednesday-Music/ Jersey Day
Thursday-Art/ Mismatch Day
Friday-Library and PE/Spelling Test Today! Don't Forget Library Books!/ Talawanda Day
September 23-University Parade in Uptown Park
October 14-Fall Break-No School
October 18-Field Trip To Wendel Farm
October 18-Parent/Teacher Conferences
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR SEPTEMBER KIDS!
What Did We Learn This Week??
Writing-Writing a brief Report
- We read "A Walk in the Desert"
- Identifying the main idea and details of a story.
- Adding -ing and -ed to the end of a word
- Students were able to candle eggs this week to see if a chick was growing inside an egg
- Students learned about the life cycle of a meal worm and butterfly.
- We will continue to learn about different types of communities
Next Week's Spelling Words: CIRCLES
NEXT WEEK'S SPELLING WORDS FOR TRIANGLES-students must get at least 11 words correct on pre-test to be on the triangle list.
Home School Connection
This week, they were able to see the larva stage of the butterfly and mealworm as well as the candling of eggs.
Candling of Chicken Egg
Important Websites To Remember:
mobymax.com- (Remember to type Bogan as school name)