Healthy Castles Essential Oils
Happy Families. Healthy Homes. Intentional Living.
August 2015 Newletter
I hope you are all having an incredible summer full of memories with friends and family. It's alarming for me to see that several of my facebook friends have kids that are already starting school, and am grateful for another month before my kids go back!
The biggest thing I dread is being inside for most of the day, and the return of germs!!! My youngest daughter (I don't know where she gets it from- hee!!) is a complete germaphobe and actually has a sign on her bedroom door asking anyone that wants to come into her room to wash their hands with our homemade hand sanitizer (I'll post the recipe below).
Research from cdc.gov tells us that kids get 52.2 million cases of the common cold each year, and even more disturbing is that students don't clean their hands often or well enough- only 33% of females and 8% of males use soap! Yuck!!!
Today I want to share some of my favorite recipes with you for keeping your kids in school and you at work!
Amelie's Favorite Cleansing Hand Gel:
5 Tablespoons aloe vera gel
4 Tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon vitamin E oil
10 drops Protective Blend
Small squeeze container (you can get a travel size container at Target)
1. In a bowl, combine aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil.
2. Add 10 drops of Protective Blend.
3. Add water and mix well. Add more or less water based on the desired consistency.
4. Pour it into a small container for your use.
Essential Oil Marinated Apple Slices
This easy twist on sliced apples is a favorite for my kids lunches and so easy to do! (They won't turn brown because of the oils so is great to do ahead of time)
1-2 drops essential oils (protective blend, lemon, cinnamon, wild orange, lime or grapefruit)
1-2 cups of pure water (enough to cover the apples)
1. Slice the apples and put them in a bowl with enough water in it to completely cover them.
2. Add 1-2 drops of your favorite oil and let marinate for 1-2 hours (we've even done it overnight). Place in an airtight container when done and enjoy!!
Crockpot Vegan Pinto Beans
Back to school also means back to work for this school Occupational Therapist... Crockpot meals are so incredibly easy for me to prep in the morning, and enjoy at the end of a long day. This goes over great in my family- but if your family does best with more animal protein, you can easily brown a pound of beef to add to it as well!
2 cups dried pinto beans
3-5 drops cumin EO, or 4 Tablespoons dried cumin powder
3 teaspoons paprika
4-5 cloves of garlic- minced
2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
1 onion, minced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
4-6 cups of water
2 Tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
2 cups organic apple cider vinegar
1-2 drops cilantro EO
1-2 drops limo EO
1. Wash pinto beans and soak overnight in cold water. Drain and dump into slow cooker.
2. Stir in cumin, paprika, garlic, taco seasoning, garlic, onion, tomatoes and bell pepper.
3. Stir in 4-6 cups water, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and cilantro essential oil. The water level should be 2 inches from the top of a small-medium crockpot.
4. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high until the beans are very tender (about 5 hours). 5. Add lime essential oil just before serving.
Can I send you a free mini physician kit?
Have you seen the new Athlete's Kit?
- Get a 5ml Breathe as the free Product of the Month for August (Maintains feelings of clear airways and easy breathing. • Helps minimize the effects of seasonal threats. • Diffuse or inhale directly from palms, or rub on chest when environmental threats are high. • Use when outdoors to minimize the effects of seasonal changes. • Diffuse at bedtime to promote a restful night’s sleep. ) with your Loyalty Rewards Order before the 15th. *Contact me if you are unsure how to do this.
- Zendocrine Softgels are 10% off this month.
- Host a class in August or September (NEW- Facebook classes are now available!!) and earn one of 4 all new diffusers when you have 5 or more friends or family attend, as well as 10% back in oils from your total class volume.