Sunset Valley Elementary 8/25/17
- LSR7 remembers and honors the life and legacy of LSPD Officer Orr. My favorite quote from Jackie Robinson, "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." Officer Orr made a tremendous impact in the LS community and in the lives of the students that he served.
- THANK YOU for your attendance at our Curriculum Night!!! We had a great turnout and we appreciate your involvement!!!!
- Attached is the 2017-2018 grade level assessment letter for R7.
- SCHOOL PICTURE DAY IS AUGUST 29TH!!
- THANK YOU SVE PTA for the Water Bottle Filler Upper! We are grateful for your support! Please consider joining PTA by signing up. Your membership dues go a long way to supporting our students and staff!
R7 Anti-Bullying Efforts
Lee’s Summit R-7 schools continue to emphasize safe learning environments through anti-bullying efforts
The Lee’s Summit R-7 School District is continuing its emphasis on a safe learning environment for all students through ongoing anti-bullying efforts. The school district prohibits all forms of bullying as well as reprisal or retaliation against any person who reports an act of bullying among or against students.
Through Missouri House Bill 1583, approved during spring 2017, all school districts are required to make changes to their bullying policies. The district’s Policy JFCF (bullying and cyberbullying) and JFCG (hazing) are the specific policies that address these situations. All Board policies are available at this link.
Lee’s Summit R-7 staff members provide education and information about bullying reporting and prevention to students annually. This also includes information about the numerous ways available for students and others to report bullying. In addition to contacting the school principal or other staff members, reporting may take place anonymously by selecting the Safe Schools Alert icon on each school’s website. Confidential reporting may occur via text, e-mail, phone or website and can include reporting of tips as well as praise for staff members.
Each Lee’s Summit R-7 staff member is participating in online training focusing on prevention of bullying as well as how to appropriate address suspected or reported bullying.
For more information about bullying, cyberbullying, student lessons related to bullying and reporting of bullying, visit the Lee’s Summit R-7 bullying awareness website.
Dismissal at SVE
A couple of reminders:
1. Please be patient.
2. Please do not park in a parking spot and then walk between cars in the car line to pick up your child. This is not safe and someone could get hurt. Please remain in your vehicle and a staff member will safely deliver your child to your car when you pull up in front of the school.
3. Please see attached picture. Thank you for keeping our kids safe at SVE.