Busy Bee Leader Board
See the Good. See the Need. See the Whole. See the Possible.
Leaders of Learning
This week's nominees:
Beverly Ray: I would like to nominate Beverly Ray for her willingness to take on the role of two kindergarten assistants since we are short one in Second Grade.
Juanita Ammons: Co-leading a Professional Learning session with Marisol Rivera
Johnna Futral: Sharing her room with Dr. Troutman for the half day PD
Sheith Davis: Sharing her room with Marisol Rivera/Juanita Ammons for the half day PD
Tammie Earhart: Sharing her room with Diane Fey for the half day PD
Diann Fortune: Leading a Reading Initiative that doubles as a service project
Read and be a Community Hero
Speaking of Diann Fortune leading a reading initiative that doubles as a service project, here is more information about how you can get involved. The link below will let you register with the Library to support this Community Read.
From the library's website:
Every time you read a book with the theme of space, astronauts, exploration, or heroes in September, a canned food donation will be made by Penick Village to Sandhills/Moore Coalition for Human Care. This program is part of the Community Read of the book “The Right Stuff” by Tom Wolfe. You can pick up a booklist at the Library to get started, but any book with the selected themes will work! Register here or in-person at the library for the Community Hero Challenge.
Making our Hive Thrive
- Kindergarten –Teachers volunteered to assess “our kids” when they observed a classroom in need.
- First Grade – Collaborative teams worked together to make decisions regarding assessments and what is best for “our kids.”
- Second Grade – A teacher modified literacy assignments to increase the rigor as well as the time with eyes on text. She was willing to share the assignments and the results that she received with her team.
- A teacher volunteered to help train new teachers how to administer mclass assessments.
- When a teacher was asked to help train new teachers about SRI and the testing process, she immediately said yes and offered additional support to her colleagues.
Feedback on our half day of Professional Development
Here is the link:
September 15: Mike Rutherford Coaching with Marci--8:00-11:30
September 15: MCS Principals will be on campus for "Skillful Observation and Coaching Laboratory"--12:30-3:30
September 16: PLC Team meetings--planning
September 17: Seargent Mike Puppet Show--anti bullying/safe touch
- TR 1st, TR 2nd & YR 1st will be from 1:00-1:15
- YR 2nd, TR Kindergarten, YR Kindergarten will be from 1:45-2:00
September 17: SIT meeting
September 18: PLC Team meetings--Data from mClass, SRI and Teacher Working Conditions Survey (Traditional teams)
September 18: YR Parent Teacher Conferences--1:00-7:00 with dinner at 4:00
September 19: mClass BOY testing window closes (TR)
September 19-October 8: Year Round Intersession
September 22-26: Intersession Camp
September 29-October 3: Intersession Camp
October 1: Marci off campus for Principals Meeting
October 2: Admin PLC team meetings
- YR--out on break
- TR--data cards should be in place--discuss intervention block
October 8: Staff Meeting (TR only) Officer Kelso to present Lockdown procedures
October 15: group 1 of 2nd grade--Walking Career Fair
October 15: YR Staff only--meeting with Officer Kelso to discuss Lockdown procedures (30 minutes)
October 16: RIF/Read-a-thon
October 16: Data PLC team meetings
- YR--review data from mClass, SRI and Teacher Working Conditions Survey
- TR--discuss PM data--how is intervention block going?
October 16: Proposed date for Fall Curriculum Night--please give feedback to SIT members regarding this date. We will discuss at SIT meeting on September 17.
October 20: STEAM Lab Ribbon Cutting Assembly
October 21: School Improvement Visit from District Leadership
October 23: TR 1st and 2nd grade to grade math assessments during PLC
October 24: Mike Rutherford Coaching with Marci
October 24: Fall Fest
October 27: Traditional Parent/Teacher Conferences; YR Teacher Workday
October 28-29: Marci in Raleigh for Bridging the Gap Conference
October 30: YR teams move cards to reflect most recent Progress Monitoring data