STANWOOD HIGH SCHOOL
FAMILY HYBRID SCHEDULE UPDATE SPRING 2021
SHS VISION STATEMENT
Stanwood Spartans are united in cultivating character, modeling respect, teaching leadership and connecting to community.
HYBRID SCHEDULE FOR EVERYONE
A - K will come on Mondays/Tuesdays.
L - Z will come on Thursdays/Fridays.
Academic Support Hybrid Model:
Students will attend in person support classes (optional) from 7:40 - 9:25 a.m. and will participate in Google Meets (required) from 11:45 a.m. - 2:10 p.m. Direct instruction will continue to take place during Google Meets and academic support will be provided during the in person student time.
Students who choose to attend in person will attend periods 1 and 2 in week one, periods 3 and 4 in week two, and periods 5 and 6 in week three. The schedule will then repeat.
All students will continue attending virtual classes each week just as they have been all year.
NEW SCHOOL MAP BY FLOOR
HYBRID SCHEDULE INFORMATION
WEEK 1, 2, AND 3 SCHEDULES
We have a list of student expectations below. The administrators created a video for students so they know what to expect.
We are excited to have your child(ren) return to school and have outlined some expectations
in order to maintain health and safety and minimize the transmission of COVID-19. The following are student expectations:
- Students will be screened prior to entering the school facility. This includes:
- Factually answering questions about their health.
- Having their temperature taken.
- Students will be expected to properly wear a cloth or blue paper mask that covers both their mouth and nose. (Exceptions have been made for alternate PPE in very specific situations)
- Students will remain at least 6 feet apart from other students and staff at all times.
- In physical education classes students are expected to remain 6 feet apart.
- In performing arts classes students are expected to remain 9 feet apart when engaging in activities.
- In band classes students are expected to maintain a minimum of 9 feet of distance between individuals in the classroom when playing an instrument. Appropriate covers must be in place on the instruments and appropriate masks must be worn.
- Students will not eat in the school facility except in the case of a medical requirement. Students may be allowed to eat a snack outside the facility before and after school with social distancing.
- Students will be allowed to bring water bottles and with teacher permission, step outside the classroom to consume water.
- Students will use restroom facilities during class with teacher permission in order to prevent multiple students in the restroom.
- Students will adhere to posted occupancy maximums in classrooms and bathrooms.
- Cell phone use will not be permitted in the classrooms.
Stanwood High School will be the bus screening hub every morning during the hybrid schedule. We will screen most of the middle and high school students who will be riding the buses.
The para educators will be getting on the buses, asking the attestation questions, and checking temperatures.
The after school bus line up is below for you.
Bus information for families:
The Versatran eLink is the portal to access bus routes, stop time, location, and the bus your child will be riding. If you do not see your student(s) transportation information, please contact your student(s)’ school.
STUDENTS SHARED BETWEEN SHS AND LHHS:
**WE WILL HAVE A BUS TO TRANSPORT STUDENTS TO/FROM LHHS. ONE BUS WILL TAKE STUDENTS OVER TO LHHS BEFORE SCHOOL.
FOR THE SECOND PERIOD OF THE DAY, STUDENTS AT LHHS WILL BOARD THE BUS AT 8:30 A.M. AND WILL BE BROUGHT OVER TO SHS. STUDENTS AT SHS WILL THEN BOARD THE BUS AND GO OVER TO LHHS.
CHECKERBOARD ON STUDENT TABLES
Our district mask policy was updated. Any individual who enters the school can't wear a gaiter mask.
Students must wear a mask at all times. The mask needs to cover the nose and mouth. Students may ask the teacher for a mask break if needed and step outside the classroom for one minute and then return to the classroom.
Students will be screened in one of three areas:
- Bus (at the staff parking lot)
- Upper Ag lot (This parking lot is for parents/guardians to drop off their children - students are screened from the vehicle.)
- Stadium lot (This parking lot is for student drivers).
Students will be asked the attestation questions, have their temperature taken, and then will have a stamp placed on their wrist or forearm. We will use the stamp as our backup way of checking to make sure all students have been screened before entering the building.
SHARED LEARNING AREAS
WATER FOUNTAINS/WATER BOTTLE FILLING MACHINE
The water fountains have been covered and won't be available due to our covid restrictions.
However, students and staff can use the water bottle filling machine on the right side (see photo above).