Glen Ellyn School District 41
Calendar Reminders and Start Dates
COVID-19 Update from PRAT
The D41 community-based Pandemic Response Advisory Team (PRAT) is composed of representatives from partner organizations that work directly with District 41 including professionals from the scientific and medical fields. The team reports on their work monthly at the Board of Education workshop meetings. In addition, the team also provides information to the distinct about Covid-19 when there is new information to share.
This week's notable data:
- Return to school status: Thumbs up
- Category: Moderate
- DuPage County metric data for Week 39 (9/20-9/26):
- There were 84 new cases per 100,000 people, up from 72 the previous week. The target established by the state is less than 50 cases per 100,000 people per week. DuPage County weekly incidence rates have exceeded the state’s target since the week ending July 18.
- Cases among DuPage County residents aged 20-59 years have driven the increase in cases over the recent weeks.
- Youth cases have decreased the past two weeks: -4.5% (week 38-39) and -5.6% (week 37-38).
- Test positivity has been below 5% for the past 2 weeks with 19,210 (week 39) and 18,830 (week 38) being the respective number of tests performed per week.
For more detailed information, please view PRAT's full State of the Metrics report
Teacher Assignment Changes Possible
Physicals and Immunizations Required
While the start of the school year has been different, the State of Illinois Health requirements continue to require that all physicals and immunizations for students in early childhood, kindergarten, and 6th grade be completed no later than October 15, 2020. These well-child visits are essential for many reasons, including:
Tracking growth and development including milestones, social behaviors, and learning
Discussing any concerns about your child’s health
Receiving scheduled vaccinations to prevent illnesses like measles and whooping cough (pertussis) and other serious diseases.
Due to the State of Illinois regulations, please keep in mind that any missing requirements will result in your child being excluded from school on October 15, 2020. Remote Learning does not impact exclusion requirements and any student without the proper medical forms submitted will be excluded on October 15, 2020, regardless of whether or not they are participating in Full Remote or Blended AM/PM in-person instruction. Please contact the health office at your school if you have any questions or need guidance or assistance in getting these physical or immunizations completed.
Parent University Session - Tonight 7 p.m.
Parent University presents “Separating School and Home Environment” tonight October, 6 at 7 p.m. The classes have been developed to support parents as they navigate remote learning alongside their students. Topics range from technology support to communication and management skills as you help to educate your student online. See the graphic below for the current schedule of these free classes that are now available.
For more details and to sign up visit the CASE DuPage website.
Upcoming Glenbard Parent Series Events
Receive Text Messages from District 41
District 41 will use text messaging to share timely information and emergency communications. You can now opt in to receive these important text messages from District 41. Text Y or Yes to 67587.