Information for the 2020 2021 School Year
Pierce Park Elementary School
Boise, Idaho 83714
Visit Pierce Park's website at: https://piercepark.boiseschools.org/
Follow on Twitter: @PierceParkElem
Chris Ryan, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Dunn, Counselor email@example.com
Kristi Jones, Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
Pierce Park PTO Email: email@example.com
Pierce Park PTO Facebook: Pierce Park Elementary PTO
Pierce Park PTO Instagram: pierceparkpto
2020 2021 Kindergarten Registration/Screening Information
The Boise School District Kindergarten Registration/Screening at Pierce Park Elementary will be held on March 5, 2020 from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm in the school gymnasium. It is important that you begin planning now by making sure that you have your child’s birth certificate and updated immunization records. This paperwork will be needed upon enrollment.
When you come to Kindergarten Registration/Screening, you will need to bring:
- Your child
- Birth Certificate for your child (birth certificates can be ordered online at https://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/?TabId=82)
- Immunization Records (see attached document below for more information)
- Proof of residency (a copy of a bill is requested)
- Any legal paperwork that reflects child custody.
If you are NOT currently living in the Pierce Park school boundary, but would like to apply for OPEN ENROLLMENT for your child to attend Kindergarten at Pierce Park, Please follow the directions below.
- Contact the school office at 208-854-5880 and let Kristi Jones know that you would like to have your child’s name added to the Open Enrollment list for Kindergarten 2020 2021.
- Pick up an Open Enrollment form from the school office. Fill it out and get it submitted to the school office as soon as possible. (Form is also attached below)
- Please attend the Registration/Screening day at your child’s boundary/homeschool. It is very important that you enroll at your boundary school in case we are not able to accommodate for your child’s open enrollment at Pierce Park. You will NOT attend Pierce Park’s Registration/Screening on March 5, 2020. We will request records from your child’s boundary/homeschool upon acceptance of your child’s open enrollment.
- Make sure that you have your child’s birth certificate and immunization records. If your child’s open enrollment is accepted, we will need to have copies of these to complete enrollment. Open enrollment will not be accepted without this paperwork on file.
- Pierce Park will host a Sneak Peek in August for all students to be able to visit the school and meet their classroom teacher. This will be a great opportunity for your child to see the school if their open enrollment is approved.
NOT SURE IF PIERCE PARK IS YOUR BOUNDARY SCHOOL?
2020 2021 FULL DAY Kindergarten
Full day kindergarten is an income based fee program. A minimum enrollment of 18 students must be met at each school site to maintain the full day kindergarten program.
There is a one-time, NON-REFUNDABLE $35.00 registration fee, payable at time of acceptance into the program. You will be contacted with payment instructions upon acceptance.
- The tuition for the Full Day Kindergarten program is $250 per month.
- If your family qualifies for Reduced Lunch tuition is $150 per month.
- If you family qualifies for Free Lunch, the tuition is waived.
If you want to enroll your child in the Full Day Kindergarten program, you will need to fill out the FULL DAY K APPLICATION. If you think your family qualifies for free or reduced lunch, you will also need to fill out the 2020 2021 Sliding Scale. These forms will need to be submitted with all of the other enrollment paperwork needed for enrollment.
KINDERGARTEN PRE-REGISTRATION AVAILABLE NOW
Please submit the paperwork to your child's boundary school office now or wait until the screening on March 5, 2020. If enrolling at Pierce Park, please indicate if you would prefer 1/2 day kindergarten or full day kindergarten. Full day kindergarten is tuition based and 1/2 day is free. Tuition for full day has not been determined by the district office yet. Parents preferring full day will be notified when the tuition amount has been determined.
Enrollments will not be made until after the March 5, 2020 screening, but you will save time at the screening by pre-registering.