Electromagnetic wave: Visible Light
By: Amelya Pringle (Period 7th)
- White light is made up of the colors of the rainbow.
- Wavelength wave is 400-700 nanometer (NM).
- Frequency wave is 430-770 THz.
- Velocity in a vacuum is 300,000,000.
- Light bulb
- Positive- help us see if its to dark.
- Negative- to much light can damage the retina in our eyes.
- light waves are giving off by anything thats hot enough to glow. Our eyes can only detect a tiny part of visible light. White light is made of ranges of colors mixed together. Light waves can be made using lazers.
- There are some waves we cant see (ex: microwave, radio wave, and x-rays). Light acts as a wave and a particle. Different kinds of light have different waves and frequency. There's two special receptors in the retina. Rods measure brightness and the Cones is the color we can see.
Light waves, visible and invisible - Lucianne Walkowicz