A Walk In Her Shoes.
A Soundtrack By Kendall Church
"Because of You" by Kelly Clarkson (2004)
Fact: Studies indicate that daughters of divorced parents have a 60-percent higher divorce rate in marriages than children of non-divorced parents, and sons have a 35-percent higher divorce rate.
"Grey Street" by Dave Matthews (2002)
Fact: Even US statistics on separation and divorce shows that almost 87% of separated couples proceed to obtain a divorce. The remaining 13% reunite after separation.
"Angel" by Sarah McLachlan (1997)
Fact: In family life, divorce permanently weakens the relationship between children and parents. It leads to destructive ways of handling conflict, diminishes social competence, leads to early loss of virginity, and it diminishes young adults’ sense of masculinity or femininity. It leads to more trouble in dating, to more cohabitation, to higher divorce rates later in life, to higher expectations of divorce, and to less desire for children.
"A Team" by Ed Sheeran (2011)
Fact: Teenage drug abuse is a serious issue with serious consequences. Teens that use drugs are more likely to engage in risky sexual behaviors, develop more intense substance abuse problems and develop a host of health complications.
"The Reason" by Hoobastank (2003)
Fact: Studies have shown that consumption of illegal drugs during pregnancy can result in miscarriage, low birth weight, premature labor, placental abruption, fetal death, and even maternal death.
"My Immortals" by Evanescence (2000)
Fact: Researchers at the University of York in the United Kingdom found that parents whose children died before their first birthday faced an increased risk of early death themselves. Their study followed more than 1,000 bereaved parents from the U.K. and found that parents in Scotland were more than twice as likely to die in the first 15 years following their child's death as parents who had not lost a child.
"Hello" by Adele (2015)
Fact: Recovering from drug addiction often involves at least one relapse, and many users will backslide multiple times. A lot of addicts will enter addiction treatment programs again and again without achieving long-term sobriety.
"Keep Holding on" by Avril Lavigne (2007)
Fact: Change is never easy. The addict will probably accuse you of abandoning them, put guilt trips on you, or even threaten you. You must realize that this is because the addict does not want the current situation to change, no matter what they say. They need your help to continue the way they have been living, and losing you means they may have to face up to their problems they have been avoiding with their substance of choice. You are not responsible for them, their choices, or their actions, only your own.