all the going ons from the #1 class on the 2nd floor
Week of November 16th 2015
On Dec. 11th we will being going to the Colburn Science Museum to learn about weather and matter.
If you have not returned permission slips and money for the trips, please do so as soon as possible.
This Friday Nov. 20th is our Annual Holiday Lunch. Our class eats from 10:37-11:02. If you are planning to attend, please return the order form.
This Week In Learning!
- Reading- In reading we have been working on using background information and text clues to make inferences. We have also been adding strategies to our C.A.F.E. board, that include crossing checking, scooping sentences, using text features, and tapping out words.
- Writing- This quarter we will begin to work on shared research projects to be able to produce all about books.
- Math- We continue to work on addition and subtraction strategies, as well as build upon our knowledge place value understanding.
- FUNdations- We are continuing our work with the vowel-consonant-e (silent e) syllable. We have been learning to read and write multi syllabic words with suffixes. new trick words move, house, once, right, place, together.
- Science- We our continuing our quarter long unit on Matter. We will experiment to gain an understanding of the properties of solids, liquids, and gases.
- Social Studies- This quarter we will be learning about the roles and responsibilities of Governments and Citizens.