Welcome to the 2022-23 School Year
Lower Merion High School
Dear Lower Merion School Community,
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year! I hope this smore newsletter finds you well and enjoying the waning weeks of summer as we prepare for the start of the new year. In just a few weeks our halls will be busy with students engaged in learning, exploring the many options we have available to them, and establishing new relationships with peers and staff. We are excited for the start of the school year and look forward to partnering with our parents and guardians in helping our students reach their potential.
We hope this smore newsletter is a valuable resource in preparing our students and families with the necessary information to start the school year. I am proud to be the principal of Lower Merion and look forward to connecting with our students and families for what I hope will be an exciting and fulfilling year.
This is a letter from 9th Grade Assistant Principal, Ms. deFranco, in regards to 9th grade students and parent orientation on August 31st.
We will have a special Bell Schedule from September 6th until September 12th:
Regular Bell Schedule w/ Lunch and Learn - starts on Tuesday, September 13th
Click on this button if you would like to make a customizable bell schedule with your classes.
Students will have an Advisory period every day from September 6th through September 12th. During this time they will attend grade level meetings with administrators and teachers. They will learn about supports, programs, logistical information, and our ACES Expectations. After September 12th, Advisory will then be on every "A" day from 9:27 - 9:47.
It is important that we have a record of students who are in the buildingso we are capturing accurate attendance. If your student will be absent or requires a late “arrival” or early “dismissal” from school, please utilize the Safe Arrival Form or call 610-645-1898.
After School Activities:
For students involved in afterschool activities and athletics, there will be late buses starting Tuesday, September 6th afterschool. The buses will leave from the bus cutout adjacent to Owen Road (please see the attached map). There are two departure times for late buses each day, 4:30pm and 5:40pm.
A Message from Our Student Services Department
- If you are struggling with accessing or completing schoolwork, please reach out to your school counselor (posted below).
- If you are finding day-to-day life as we know it now to be overwhelming or difficult, we want you to know you can email your school counselor, our Wellness Counselor, Ms. Mathis MathisC@lmsd.org or our Social Worker, Ms. Montalvo MontalJ@lmsd.org.
- If you’re a teen who is starting to feel overwhelmed and need another teen to talk to, please call Montgomery County’s teen talk line at (866) 825-5856 or text (215) 703-8411. It is available, free of charge, Monday through Friday, from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Montgomery County Children’s Crisis Support Program provides not only immediate support for crisis situations but also assistance with managing recurring or future crises. Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-888-HELP-414.
- LMSD Reporting Form and Safe2Say forms are available HERE.
- New suicide and crisis hotline number: 988 (https://988lifeline.org/current-events/the-lifeline-and-988/)
On this page, you will learn about how to access virtual classes, get help, and use LM’s most common sites like PowerSchool, Blackboard, and Google Apps for Education.
Lower Merion Student Council Officers
Questions? If you have questions - open this document: Who to Call?
Athletics and Activities
Below are links to the Athletics and Activities page on the District website. Students can find current information, meeting dates, fundraisers, and more for clubs and athletics that may be of interest to them.
Are You Ready for School?
- Check that Summer Assignments have been completed.
- MySchoolAccount.com will allow you to add funds to your child's meal account.
- Medical Forms Make sure you are up to date (Class of 2023 Physical Required)
- 🚌Check Class and Bus Information in PowerSchool
- 💁♀️Volunteer Registration You must do this to volunteer in LMSD schools in any capacity.
- Sports Physical Form Have it ready for Winter or Spring sports
- 💾 Keep Tech Support contact handy: firstname.lastname@example.org and LMSD Helpdesk
Sign up for HSA Newsletter:
If you are a LMHS parent or guardian, to subscribe the LM Aces Update please create/update your free account on the LMHS, MembershipToolKit (MTK) and subscribe to the LM Aces Update. MTK is our HSA’s communication platform that houses our school directory, important HSA information, calendar of events, and communication tools to help us build school community at the individual/grade level through directed emails and school-wide through our weekly HSA newsletter.
To create/update your account:
- From a computer, go to https://lowermerionhsa.membershiptoolkit.com/
- Click on the Login button.
- If you already have an account with LMHS or another organization that uses Membership Toolkit:
- you can use the same email and password to log in, and follows the steps as you are prompted.
- To create a new account:
- select "Create Account" and fill in the name, email, and password information.
- Click "verify my email" and then check your email for a link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
Mike Johnson on behalf of Lower Merion's Faculty and Staff