Latin America Road Trip
Where would you go?
Starting point: Brasilia, Brazil (15.7989 S, 47.8667 W) Northeast part of the country.
Rio Sao Francisco River with the length of 1,758 miles.
Brazilian Highlands with the elevation average of around 3,000 feet to the rising 7,365 feet.
Human Locations of Brazil are the:
Trio Gastronomia Cozinha de Autor restaurant.
Manaus Market- located on the shore of the Rio Negro river. The market was constructed between 1880 and 1883.
The Belo Monte Dam is one of the many modifications to the Brazilian Environment. It is currently under construction on the Xingu River.
A simple accommodation to make if you live in Brazil is to wear plenty of sunscreen!
Movement in Brazil:
The Catholic religion is the fastest spreading in Brazil.
The Samba has been danced in Brazil since the late 19th century.
1. Fruits such as mangos, pineapples, oranges and other tropical fruits are popular in Brazil.
2. Moqueca is a popular seafood stew made with fish and other vegetables.
3. Samba is a famous music and dance.
4. A popular American-styled food in Brazil is BBQ.
Stop 1: Havana, Cuba (23.1333 N, 82.3833 W) Northwest part of the country.
Rio Cauto river with the length of 370 km.
Sierra Maestra Mountain range. At 6,476 ft, Pico Turnquino is the range's highest point.
Human Locations of Cuba are the:
La Bodeguita del Medio restaraunt.
Las Terrazas Tour where you can go ziplining!
The Melones Dam is a modification on Havana.
Insect repellent in many parts of Cuba has been made an accomodation of the civilians living there.
Movement in Cuba:
Salsa dancing like the Tango originated in Cuba.
Cuba's train system (about 7,742 km)
1. Congri- a black beans and rice dish commonly found in Cuban restaraunts.
2. Jazz Cubano- a cuban form of Jazz music.
3. The national sport of Cuba is baseball and was first brought into the country in the 1800s.
4. Cuban cigars- best cigars in the world.
Stop 2: Lima, Peru (12.0433 S, 77.0283 W) Southwest part of the country.
Tambo River (about 39 ft wide)
Coropuna- largest and highest volcano in Peru. (About 6,425 meters)
Jockey Plaza Shopping Center (modern American style shopping mall)
A modification of Peru is the Limon Dam that is currently under construction.
Many car drivers have had to accomodate to the foggy winters in Peru.
Movement in Peru:
Chukchu- type of comical dance in which the dancers represent laborers.
The predominant and fast spreading religion is the Roman Catholic religion.
1. In poorer parts of the country, squatter houses are prominant.
2. Potatoes originated in Peru making many meals potatoe based.
3. Folkorico- pan flute melodies and rythmic guitar picking makes this music.
4. A woman is recognized by her hat style. The hats represent the culture of her region or village.
Final Destination: Mexico City, Mexico (19.4333 N, 99.1333 W) Central Mexico.
Rio Grande River with the length of 1,896 miles.
Pico de Orizaba- highest moutain in Mexico, and 3rd highest in North America.
Human locations of Mexico:
Los Sabores de la Vida restauraunt.
Anthropology museum in Mexico.
A modification of Mexico is the Mexico City Ochimilco Canals where you can float on the water and get food and other goods on the way.
Many people have made accomodations to the new crime rate of the city by owning their own hand held weapons.
Movement in Mexico:
Jarabe Tapatio- a dance that many school children learn at a young age. Just like how we have our childhood dances like The Itsy Bitsy Spider.
1. Tejano- modern type of music.
2. Food like quesidillas, tamales, tacos and much more are common in Mexico.
3. Traditional clothing woman wear are the "huipil", which is a sleeve-less tunic.
4. American model of our education system is used in Mexico.