Why Did People Leave Germany
by Breckyn Bahr
What was a Big Time Span When People Left?
The questions on the checklist
-Julius and Helena
2) Approximately what year?
3)What country did they immigrate from/ what cultural group is this?
- From Germany to USA
- It was a German cultural group
4) If possible, list reason for
5) Where in Canada did they first settle?
- Broderick, Sask, Canada.
6) How did they travel?
- By wagon
7) What hardships did they face?
- August and Fredricka immigrated to Brandonburs, Russia, Germany to Ironridge, WI in 1872. They came to the USA through Ellis Island. They travelled with the Mormon wagon train to South Shore, South Dakota.
8) How did your family come to be in Alberta?
- My parents moved from BC for work.
9) What special cultural traditions have been passed down from generation to generation in your family?
10)Have you visited any cultural heritage sites linked to your ancestry? If not, have you heard of any?
- My dad visited the homestead in Broderick when he was a little boy.
Who were they?
- ^They had Julius Robert Bahr who married Helena Giese. They are my great, great, grandparents.
- ^They had Clarence Robert Bahr who married Marjorie Spyker. They are my great, grandparents.
- ^They had James Robert Bahr who married Margret Ormiston. They are my grandparents.
- ^They had Jeffery Robert Bahr who married Michelle Lee Houston. They are my parents.
- ^They had Breckyn Jameson Bahr (me), Reid Keeley Bahr and Jordyn Randall Bahr.
I get my middle name from my grandfather James.