Estacada Middle School: Wk2 S2
SECOND WEEK OF SECOND SEMESTER! GO TIGERS!
School takes place Wednesday* through Friday from 8:50am-3pm
Students must log into Canvas for Life class by 8:50am each day
*No School on Tuesday 2/16: Inclement Weather*
Friday: School Today! All Students Are Expected to Attend School on Friday According to Their Model
Review the answers to questions posed during 2/9/21's Reopening Q&A by clicking here.
A Return to In-person Learning
On 2/9/21, Principal Hargrave and Vice-Principal Kelley hosted an Q&A session for families. Review the responses to questions here.
EMS will begin small-group instruction on 2/16. Students and families are being notified privately via email and phone from EMS when to attend small-group in-person instruction. At this time, EMS is using an equity lense to prioritize and identify students who have been disconnected with virtual school; not all students will be attending at once. Over time more students will be phased into in-person instruction. We are opening slowly and safely. Thank you for your patience and perseverance as you wait to be contacted for in-person instruction. If you are not contacted by Mr. Hargrave, continue to engage in school virtually and contact us if you have any concerns or questions.
Estacada Middle School's plan for a return to in-person learning:
- Families will be contacted by the school when their student will begin
- Every two weeks additional students will be phased into in-person learning (and in alignment with the county's case rates)
- Students are a part of either "Track A" or "Track B." You can view this track in PowerSchool
- Students in Track A attend school in person on Monday and Tuesday
- Students in Track B attend school in person on Wednesday and Thursday
- When your student isn't attending in-person, it is expected she/he attend virtually
- Groups will grow larger every two weeks when the school demonstrates its ability to limit the transmission of the virus
- When beginning a return to in-person learning, your student will attend school from 10:10 to 3:00. This is the "core block" your student participates in daily.
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE SECONDARY ROUTES AND TIMES! Call directly to the Department of Transportation 503-630-8606 to confirm address and pick up bus stops. Reminder: If you live 1.5 miles from school, your student is now walking to school.
Monitoring Your Student's Learning
Please review PowerSchool and click on the blue "i" next to the student's class so you can see how your student is measured by your student's teachers.
Parent Learning Series! Feedback About Your Student's Learning
Thursday, Feb. 18th, 6pm
This is an online event.
All dates and times are virtual via Facebook Live and Zoom Webinar:
--February 18 at 6:00pm: Math
--March 4 at 6:00pm: Social Studies
--March 16 at 6:00pm: Language Arts
--April 1 at 6:00pm: Science
--April 22 at 6:00pm: PE/Health
In this series, you will learn about what Standards-based Learning means for your student and what tools are used to measure your student's grade-level learning and progress.
Now Hiring Substitutes
Bell Schedule Reminder (See Below)
For any questions about your parent or student access to PowerSchool, please email email@example.com.
You can also call us at (503) 630-8516.
You can also call us at (503) 630-8516.
Regardless of their excused absence, your student will continue to be required to submit any work that was missed at the soonest possible opportunity.
We are flexible and here to support you, but we also need to ensure that your student is providing us with evidence of their progress to meet our essential learning standards.
1.Participate meaningfully in class activities (Fully complete school work, speak up in Zoom sessions, ask questions of their teachers on Zoom and/or in Canvas and finish and submit responses to assignments and/or surveys)
2.Communicate with their teacher or another staff member for each period they attend by responding to their teacher's prompts, sending a private message via Canvas or email about the task or assignment if they are not participating live. This communication is not simply saying, "I'm here." It must show a greater level of engagement to count toward being present that day.
If your student has difficulty accessing videos, Zoom meetings or assignments, please have them email their teacher as soon as possible to receive suggestions for how to resolve the issue, so they can be marked present for that class.
See Teacher contact information below.
Do You Need Something from EMS? Come in: Safely!
All Visits to the EMS Office:
- When you arrive at the main door, ring the buzzer to your right and we'll come out to meet you.
- Please be wearing your mask. If you don't have a mask, we will provide one for you.
Picking Up or Dropping off Items:
- The District Transportation office has set up a delivery system that will bring items from the school directly to your home the day after a delivery need has been identified.
- If you need the item sooner than the next day or two, or if you need to drop something off with us, please call our office at 503-630-8516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Thanks for your cooperation with this new protocol that we hope will keep all of us safe!