Volume 17 Issue 7 - Friday, September 17, 2021
Dates Coming Up
- Monday, September 20 - School Dismissal Login and Default Set Deadline 2 PM
- Monday, September 20 - PTO General Meeting via Zoom, 6:30-7:15 PM
- Tuesday, September 21 - DJ at Recess! Thank you for your support with Fall Fest!
- Friday, September 24 - E-Learning Day via Canvas, NO IN-PERSON SCHOOL or Zooms
- Tuesday, September 28 - Fall Picture Retake Day
- Thursday, September 23 - Spell Bowl permission slips due; email email@example.com for more information.
- Tuesday, September 28 - First Spell Bowl practice
- Friday, October 1 - Book Fees Due. See below for payment options.
- Friday, October 8 - End of First Quarter
Hispanic Heritage Month
Historical Fun Fact- Hispanic Heritage Month began in 1968 as Hispanic Heritage Week under President Lyndon Johnson, and was expanded to Hispanic Heritage Month under President Ronald Reagan in 1988.
How can you and your family help celebrate around our Fishers community?
SCE’s Free Library
The SCE library houses a free library for students, where students can select a book to keep, rather than just borrow.
If you have picture books or chapter books your children have outgrown, we would love to help you pass them on!
Children's books in good condition can be sent in with students and dropped off at the library.
Thank you for supporting our avid readers at SCE!!
Shout out to our Families and PTO!
Deadline to Login & Set Default is 2 PM on Monday, September 20!
Please check your email inbox from Thursday, September 16!
- One is from Mrs. Rich via Skylert with step-by-step directions.
- One is from School Dismissal Manager with login and password information to set your default dismissal.
- This is a very important step and ALL families must login once to set defaults. They will NOT be set for you.
- Deadline is Monday, September 20 at 2 PM!
Calling All Fourth Graders! It's Spell Bowl Time!
Final Reminder - PTO Meeting via Zoom!
This is your chance to meet our Executive Board, find out about upcoming events, and ask any questions about getting involved as a family member in our SCE community.
Email PTO to receive Zoom Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
What We Learned This Week in SEL - Lesson 1
- Students will be able to demonstrate how they pay attention.
First Grade: Growth Mindset and Goal Setting - Time to Pay Attention
- Students will be able to demonstrate how they pay attention
Second Grade: Growth Mindset and Goal Setting - How to Get Good at Something
- Students will be able to identify things they’ve done to get good at something.
Third Grade: Changing Your Brain
- Students will be able to state what happens in their brain when they learn a new skill.
Fourth Grade: Setting a Good Goal -
- Students will be able to use criteria to identify a class goal.
Would you like more information on Social Emotional Learning?
Visit the HSE District Sites to read more, or follow the links below:
Want to see what your child is up to during the day?
Help us reach our goal of getting 1000 followers!
Book Fees and Payment Options
If you would like to pay in 4 payments, now is the time to get started on that. You may choose weekly, bi weekly or monthly payments. You can set up all four payments in efunds, or if it is easier, you can send 4 post dated checks. I will deposit the checks on the date specified.
Those fees must be paid in full by Dec. 1st. If you are finding it difficult to come up with the whole amount at once, don’t put if off. Payments work just as well and you will be finished paying before you know it!
In the SCE Garden
She is looking to connect with the SCE community in search of someone with general contractor skills/experience for a couple of small projects in the greenhouse.
Are you, or someone you know handy with power tools, measurement, and are looking for a way to give back to teachers or your school community? If not, are you, or someone you know just confident enough with a power drill and a hammer to get things done and have a few hours to spare one weekend?
😄 If so, please reach out by emailing Miss Coffman at email@example.com for information! All help appreciated!"
Link to the HSE School District page with calendars for 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 school years.
- If your student will be out for travel or another reason, please contact us!
- You can call day or night at 317-915-4270. Please leave a message after hours.
- You can email the attendance secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org, and your student's teacher.
- We use an app called Talking Points to send text messages when texting is the best way to reach families.
- We need a reason for each student's absence every day. Our nurse will follow up if needed.
- School Dismissal Manager will also be an absence reporting option soon.
Details on school protocols, mitigation strategies, the HSE District COVID dashboard, and self-reporting forms are all here.
Volunteering and Chaperoning
- All volunteers are required to wear a mask during school hours, regardless of vaccination status.
- All volunteers are required to have a current background check on file.
Call Sand Creek at 317-915-4270 to find out if your background check is current.
Check the Visiting and Volunteering page on SCE's website to submit a background check.
Visit the Myathletics.com website for more information about Mudsock Youth Athletics