Mountain View Weekly Update
Updates & Announcements
- Attention 7th & 8th grade parents: Please click here to complete the permission slip for the annual picnic, scheduled for Monday, June 10.
- A reminder that NJSLA testing (formerly known as PARCC) will begin on May 7 for grades 5 and 8 (Science). Mathematics and Language Arts testing for all grade levels will take place from the 9th through the 16th. Please refer to the email sent on March 8 for specific details. In preparation, please be aware/reminded of the following:
- Testing will begin by 8:45 each morning, therefore, it is essential that students arrive to school on time. Testing will conclude by approximately 10:30.
- From May 9 - 16, Mountain View will run the delayed opening bell schedule after testing concludes. Students will attend all of their regularly scheduled classes.
- Students may use their own headphones during testing, but they must be hard-wired (no AirPods) and have a standard headphone jack.
- Per BOE policy 5516, cell phones and other electronic communication devices (ie: smart watches) are not permitted on a students' person during the school day, which includes in the testing rooms. If a student is found with a device on their person during testing, the student's session will be voided, and per requirements, the NJDOE will be contacted. Discipline will be imposed according to BOE policy.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation, and as always, please contact the school should you have any questions.
- The OLC spring cleanup will take place on Friday, May 10th from 3:30 - 5:30. Students who are interested in signing up and have not already done so in home base can sign up using this link:
Parents/guardians who are interested in participating or donating gardening tools, please fill out the following survey:
Please reach out to Ms. Carey or Mr. Zangara if you have any questions.
- Volunteers wanted! The 7th grade class needs volunteers to help deliver Balloons in June to 8th grade graduates on Wednesday, June 12. If you would like to help with this fun, festive event, please sign up here.
End of Year reminders from the Health Office
Grade 5 parents:
Please turn in documentation regarding immunizations for 6th grade by June 1. If your child has a summer birthday, you may drop off in the Main Office throughout the summer. Please reach out for questions.
2019-20 Fall Athletes in grades 6-8:
Sports physicals MUST be turned in by the first day of school; tryouts will begin the week of 9/2. All PPEs need to be processed and cleared by Dr. Porter on Thursday, AUGUST 29. Please plan ahead!!
Grades 5 & 7 Scoliosis Screenings:
Screenings will take place on Wednesday, May 8 during PE/Health and RA classes. Please refer to the email sent earlier this week.
Grade 8 parents--Washington DC trip:
Please remember to turn in any medication and/or forms to me by Friday, May 31. Reach out for any questions or concerns.
Medication/Epipen/Inhaler pick up in June:
Please pick up your child’s medications before the end of the year as required by school policy (5141.21). I have stock emergency epinephrine if you wish to pick up no earlier than Wednesday, June 12. Any medication remaining in the Health Office will be disposed of unless you make prior arrangements with me. Forms for next school year will be included with Epipens and inhalers.
Please reach out to me with any questions. As we get closer to summer break, know that I have really enjoyed this year with your children….wishing you a healthy and happy summer!! ☼ Mrs. Austenberg
Mark your calendars
- May 8: National School Nurse Day
- May 9: Shakespeare Company performance (8th grade)