2016-2017 PTA Board Nominations & Quick reminders
PTA Board Nominations:
There will be a brief PTA Meeting on Friday, 5/20, in the Scott library beginning at 7:55 am.
The Scott PTA nominating committee submits the following nominees for the year 2016-2017:
President: Karla Naftel
1st VP Programs: Abbie Rich
2nd VP Membership: Lesley Hobby
3rd VP Fundraising: Allyson McGee
Secretary: Heather Stringer
Treasurer: Lee Ann Watkins
- If you are planning to attend Field Day as a spectator, you need to register in advance. Emails have been sent out with the registration link all week, and registration closes on Monday, May 16th @ 3:30pm. Register asap!
- Lost & Found is overflowing! If your student has a lost item, please continue to check as things show up all the time. Please make sure you are putting your student's name in their items as that will help us return to the rightful owner as well.
Field Day Reminders from Nurse L.
Field Day is coming up on May 20th! This is an exciting annual tradition at Scott and a great day of fun and games! There are a few things you need to be aware of regarding seasonal allergies, sunscreen, and asthma. Please take a moment to review this information to help your child have a great field day!
SEASONAL ALLERGIES: The students will be playing outside most of the day. If your child has seasonal allergies, please administer their allergy medicine to them before school on Field Day. FISD does not provide allergy medication, so there is no allergy medication available in the clinic.
SUNSCREEN: Please remember to put sunscreen on your child before school on Field Day. That way you know they’ve got it on and that it was well-applied. Students may not bring sunscreen to school. FISD considers sunscreen to be a medication, so it can’t be sent to school without paperwork being completed by your child’s doctor. FISD does not provide sunscreen for students, and teachers may not apply sunscreen to students. You are welcome to come to Field Day and apply sunscreen to your own child as needed.
ASTHMA: If your child has asthma and it is possible that they will need asthma medication during Field Day, please be aware of the following:
- Per FISD Policy, all asthma medications are to be kept in the clinic and will be administered by the nurse.
- Students are NOT allowed to carry ANY medication at school unless it is indicated by their doctor.
** If your child has asthma and no medications have been provided to keep in the clinic, please bring it in as soon as possible so that it will be available to them on Field Day.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I’m always happy to help!
Angie Lamastra, RN
Scott Elementary School Nurse
Clinic Phone: (469) 633-4008
Clinic Fax: (469) 633-4009
- The State of Texas only allows 10 unexcused absences. If you go over this, you face possible court charges and a court appearance with your child.
What is considered an unexcused absence?
- Any full-day absence without a note from you or the doctor. You can send in an actual note, fax the note, or email the note. Phone calls only are not excused.
- All tardies are unexcused without a medical note from a doctor. A note or email from you does NOT excuse this.
- All early dismissals are unexcused without a medical note from a doctor. A note or email from you does NOT excuse this.
- If your child is absent more than 3 concurrent days, you must have a doctor's note to excuse the absences.
How many days do you have to turn in the note?
- We must have the note within 3 school days of the absence.
What happens if my child receives multiple unexcused absences?
- When your child receives 3 unexcused absences/tardies/leave earlies, you will receive a courtesy notification from your child's teacher.
- At 7, you will receive a phone call and/or email call from the Assistant Principal and your child will be placed on an FISD Attendance Contract.
- At 11 unexcused absence/tardies/leave earlies, the attendance information is turned over to the State and our Truancy Officer takes over handling your attendance case.
Please send in your notes so you can avoid this difficult situation. There is a link on our Scott Website to email your note directly to our attendance clerk, Suzanne Edwards.
CALLING ALL WATCH D.O.G.S.!!
The WATCH D.O.G.S. calendar has been updated with time slots for the remainder of the 2015-2016 school year. For info or to get on the schedule, go to www.scottpta.com/watchdogs. Watch D.O.G.S. shirts are available for purchase in the front office. The kids love you here, and it makes our school a safe and special place to be!
| || |
Don't forget your photo ID
Whenever you are on campus or signing your student out, please remember to have your driver's license. We may know you but not the person behind you, so we always ask for everyone's ID. Thank you for understanding.
SCOTT PTA UPDATES
Feelin' Groovy Book Fair
Still open ONLINE through May 14. You can buy here: https://scottpta.membershiptoolkit.com/assets/00224/online
Wanted: Box Tops and Labels for Education
We're far from the end of the month, don't forget to bring in those Box Tops and Labels. Learn more and see which products qualify: Scott Box Tops and Labels
We Need You!
Looking for ways to get more involved? There's a slot for everyone and every busy schedule. Scott PTA Volunteers
Link your Kroger and Target Card to Scott
Yes...it's free and it supports our school and students. Find out how to do this.
Stay Connected to Scott
Order Birthday Spirit Sticks for $1.00
Updates and Reminders
- Please DO NOT drop off your children in the middle of Millbend Drive. The only drop-off allowed in the mornings is around the back of the school in the FIRST carpool lane. We have had numerous parents allowing their children to hop out of the car on Millbend and run across the street. This is extremely dangerous and cannot happen; your children's safety is our #1 concern.
- The speed limit for carpool lanes is 10 miles per hour.
Parking on Campus: Please do not park in the fire lanes at any time including lunch or Celebrate Scott.
Texting/Calls: It is against the law to use a phone in an active school zone. Please refrain from texting in/around the school.
Bikes on Campus: Students must walk their bikes/scooters on school grounds. We have had some near misses with student safety because of bike riders nearly running into other students or failing to stop at the crosswalk. Again, your child's safety is always our #1 concern.
Birthday Parties/Class Parties: Per Frisco ISD, elementary students may only bring items for distribution to classmates on the three party days: Winter Party, Valentine’s Day and end of year celebration. In addition, students issuing invitations to individual birthday parties or other celebrations may only do so at school if all students in the homeroom class are invited. These birthday invitations must be passed out at the end of the day with permission from the teacher.