Welcome to Coronado Middle School Dec. 2-6, 2019
Live the 8 Keys of Excellence
December- Key of the Month: SPEAK WITH GOOD PURPOSE
This week's mindset quote: “Speak in such a way that others love to listen to you. Listen in such a way that others love to speak to you.”
Dec 2-6 6th Grade Camp
Homework Club 3:15- 4:15 pm
Dec 3 SAFE outreach at lunch
Garden Club 3:05-4:00 pm
Homework Club 3:15- 4:15 pm
Dec 4 Fantasy Book Club CMS Library 1:45-2:45 pm
Dec 5 Homework Club 3:15- 4:15 pm
Dec 6 Coronado Holiday Parade
Performing Arts Holiday Bake Sale at Parade Uptown 4:30-9:30
Dec 7 Artisan's Alley 9:00 am-3:00 pm
It's 6th Grade Camp Week: Please read information below.
Math Tutoring: Mr. Schumeyer and Mrs. Appel will be offering after school math tutoring for any student seeking support. Tutoring will be on Mondays and Thursdays from 3:15 to 4:15 starting on December 2nd.
Thank you, CMS PTO: The Triton Staff enjoyed the holiday luncheon! We're so grateful for all of your kindness and support.
7th Grade Field Trip to Medieval Times: Permission slips are due NOW. Click here for Medieval Times Permission Slip Link
Saturday School: It's a great opportunity for students to make up any unexcused or excused absence. Teachers provide a fun, enriching experience during Saturday School. Sign up for the next Saturday School! Saturday School Permission Form Link
Please turn in all permission slips to the front office by Thursday, December 12th.
December 14, 2019
Teacher: Mrs. Evenson
Time: 8am-12pm Location: CMS Room 121
Description: Students will have an active experience learning a variety of popular dance steps, so they should come ready to move and ready to jam!
Grading Period 2: Please remember to periodically check your child’s grades on PowerSchool. Reminder: Teachers have between 100 and 160 students, therefore it takes time to grade assignments and post grades. We appreciate your partnership.
It's 6th Grade Camp Week!
- MONDAY, December 2nd, Depart from CMS: All students will be transported by bus to Camp Cuyamaca. Students are to report to school no earlier than 8:00 a.m and no later than 8:20 a.m. Buses will be loaded and ready to leave Coronado Middle School by 8:45 a.m. Camp students are to meet in Granzer Hall where bus assignments will be posted. Bus changes will not be honored. Parents are welcome to join their child in Granzer Hall.
- Luggage must be dropped off on the basketball courts where the luggage vehicle will be parked and ready to load. It may rain/snow, so be sure to pack appropriately.
- *Reminder: Students are not allowed to bring food items to camp. Additionally, perfumes, hair dryers, straighteners etc. are not permitted. Cell phones should be left at home. For a packing list, click the link Camp Packing List
- FRIDAY, December 6th, Arrival Back to CMS: All buses will leave Camp Cuyamaca Outdoor School at approximately 11:00 a.m. Arrival times back to the CMS campus will be between 12:00 and 12:30 p.m. I will send out an email and text to update on the arrival times so you can pick up your child. Students may go directly home when they arrive at CMS.
- Students who are not attending camp will report to school at regular time.
December 3rd is Giving Tuesday
Coronado SAFE: Have a slice of pizza at High Tide Bottle Shop and Kitchen on Giving Tuesday (Dec 3rd) and support programs and services that strengthen the Coronado Community with resilient youth and families.
You can also make a donation. Go to the Coronado SAFE Facebook page Coronado SAFE Giving Tuesday Link
Coronado Schools Foundation: We’re excited to announce the Coronado Schools Foundation #GivingTuesday campaign! We created a unique Facebook fundraiser page and are hoping to leverage the power of your social networks to make this a big success!
Facebook fundraising page will go live on Monday, Dec 2nd. You can share the link to your contacts.
If you aren’t on Facebook, you can send an email with the form and text to give options.
Text to Give GIVE4KIDS to 91999
Messages from PTO
Holiday Wreath Sale
Wreaths are still available to purchase online until December 15th:
Order online at: https://www.mickmanholidaygifts.com
ENTER FUNDRAISING CODE: CORONACA004 for CMS to benefit
For local delivery the week of 2-6 DEC, the following items are still available:
2 Victorian wreaths, 1 Classic Spray, 1 Tabletop tree, and 2 Candlelit Centerpieces.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to buy any of these items.
Mark your calendar for upcoming dates:
December: Key of the Month: Speak with Good Purpose
Dec 9-19 ASB Canned Food Drive
Dec 9 Junior Optimist Meeting 3:15 pm - 3:45 pm Room 201
Dec 10 Band and Choir Winter concert 5:30-7:30 Granzer Hall
Dec 11 Choir sings at Holiday Festival @ Hotel Del 4pm
Dec 12 CUSD Board Meeting 4pm @ DO
Cotillion Granzer 7:30-8:30
Dec 13 Fire Drill per 2
Dec 14 Saturday School 8 am-12 pm
Dec 16-19 Spirit Week
Dec 16 Boy Scouts Troop 801 5:30-8:30PM Granzer Hall
Dec 17 Band Choir concert 7th period
IPA Performance Granzer at 6:00
CHS Band at 5:30-7:30 pm CHS Theater
Dec 18 Fantasy Book Club CMS Library 1:45-2:45 pm
Dec 19 PTO Holiday Luncheon
Kona Ice 2:00-4:00
Cotillion Granzer 7:30-8:30pm
Dec 20- Jan 03 Winter Recess No School