Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
May 16-20, 2016
- Wow, our class really did an outstanding job at Monday's concert! Thanks to all our families for your support! :)
Good news to share... I was selected as a 2nd place winner in the
Henry Ford Innovation Nation Teacher Innovator Awards!
**for proof-click on the link below & scroll down, to see my name...:)
- Our class will be taking the M-STEP (Michigan's state standardized test) again this week. We will test Tues., Wed., and Thurs. To help your child be prepared to do their best, please make sure they get plenty of rest and eat breakfast. Thanks!
- Thanks to the WDIV video about outdoor Scrabble, we now have 2 4th grade classes lined up to come play Scrabble with us! These classes will be visiting on Tues., May 24th and Thurs., June 2nd. If you would be willing to donate a snack/drink for either of these dates, please send me a note. Thanks so much!!
- Reminder: There is only a 1/2 day of school on Fri., May 20th. Students will be dismissed at 11:36.
- IF you have not already done so, please return the Socktober Award-RSVP slip ASAP. This will help us in treat-planning, thanks in advance for you support! :)
- We completed our 7th CS First (computer science) activity last week- students coded quest games! The lessons are getting more challenging, but the kids can totally handle it! Be sure to ask your child about it!
- KidBlog: Your post and 3 comments are due by Tuesday, May24th.
- No spelling this week.; last spelling list/test will be next week.
- Things to ask your child about: CS First/Scratch, Endangered Animals Research Paper
- I appreciate our parents continuing to sign the planners nightly.
- Remember...together we’re better!
Sincerely, Susan Howey
The Henry Ford's Teacher Innovator Awards