For now, at least.
Of all the things we've looked at, practiced, or discussed, make sure you can complete these seven tasks. If you are still unsure about how to function in Forethought, please refer to the training Smores or let me know.
- Adding TEKS - double click on the text of the TEKS you need, and it will add it to your lesson. If you need to remove one, right-click (or two-finger click) to delete. Remember, always add your TEKS from the same list.
- Attaching Files - once the day is selected, or activated, look for the TINY paperclip in the lower right-hand corner. Don't attach large files. If you need to remove one, right-click (or two-finger click) to delete.
- Hyperlinks - type in some text explaining what the link goes to, highlight the text, then click on the "link icon" at the top. Paste in the address, and click "OK". Don't just paste the link on the lesson, it may not be active, and it may not make sense to you later.
- Copying/Moving Days - from the activated day you want to copy, click on the papers (up by the wrench) to copy the lesson to another day. You can only copy to one day at a time, but your TEKS and attachments will copy with the lesson.
- Default Text - each of your unactivated days begin with the same default text. To change your default text, create a day with the text you want, click on the wrench in the upper right, and set as your default text. This will change the text on all unactivated (non-bold) days.
- Deleting Plans - if you've added lessons to your day that you didn't intend to add, or if you want to reset to the default text, you can activate that day, click on the tiny calendar with the green plus sign in the upper left, and delete the day's plan. This will not unbold the day, but it will remove anything previously there and replace it with your current default text.
- Copy Wizard - the copy wizard can only be found in the Week's View. Click on the calendar in the upper right, and choose to view week's plan. From the week view, you can copy lessons entire weeks at a time. To return to day view, double click on the name of any day, like "Monday".