Patrick Marsh Middle School Band
This Week in Band at PMMS (April 12-16, 2021)
After 13 Months.....
After 13 months we will make music together again! For our 6th graders this will be the first time they have performed as an ensemble. Let that sink in for a moment!! This is a BIG week for us! Please read the reminders below:
1) Students who play FLUTE, CLARINET, SAXOPHONE, TRUMPET, and TROMBONE should plan to bring their instrument to school this week. We will supply instruments (and mouthpieces) for HORN, EUPHONIUM, and TUBA players. Percussionists should plan to bring their stick/mallet bag. All students should remember to bring their band music and lesson books.
2) When students arrive to PMMS they stop by the band room to put their instrument in their assigned band locker. Locker assignments are listed on the door as you enter the band room.
3) During band class, students will assemble their instrument prior to going outside for rehearsal. Chairs and stands will be set up a minimum of 6 feet apart in compliance with current PHMDC Order #15. Once students are seated they will remove their mask to play their instrument (if applicable). Wind instrument masks w/ slits and bell covers will be available for students who would still like to use them. When class has ended they will put their mask back on before re-entering the building.
4) Due to Forward Testing this week we will have band on Monday and Friday. The weather forecast is calling for no rain and temperatures between 47-55 degrees both days. Please have your child dress for the weather as we will be going outside!!
5) Students who brought an instrument to school should plan to get it at the end of the day so they can practice and participate in class later in the week.
6) Students who are at home will be able to participate in class and play along with us as we will have Zoom outside!
We are SO excited to get back to making music together! If you have any question please contact us!
No Band Lessons This Week
Beyond The Notes Solo Festival Deadline is Friday
This optional festival has been designed to provide an opportunity for 6th and 7th grade band students at Patrick Marsh and Prairie View Middle Schools to record a solo and receive expert feedback from a guest music educator.
Band students in 6th and 7th grades are eligible to participate.
April 16 - Solo Festival Registration Closes
April 23 - Solo recordings are due in Flipgrid
April 30 - Clinician feedback provided by this date
$5.00 to participate in this optional event. You will receive an invoice once you have completed the form below. Payment can be made online via credit card (preferred) or by check mailed to the address on the invoice. Cash not accepted. You will need to upload a PDF of your child's solo in order to complete the registration form.
How To Register?
Fill out this form: https://forms.gle/9fg6oaQfvLdAnCGM8
Flipgrid Link To Record:
Ward Brodt Virtual Step Up Instrument Event April 17
Dear Parent or Guardian,
Your student has been progressing and now may be a good time for them to look at stepping up to a higher caliber instrument. Ward-Brodt Music is hosting an online demonstration of “Step Up” instruments. This is a great opportunity for you and your student to explore how these advanced instruments can affect sound and playability.
Everyone is welcome to attend with no obligation to buy- but if you are ready to upgrade Ward-Brodt will be offering exclusive promotions during this event including 3 years of free maintenance and up to $200 off in combined rebates on select instruments.
This virtual step up instrument event will take place in Zoom on April 17th from 11 AM-12 PM. Register for the event at https://conta.cc/3bN3j9N.
If you would like more information on the instruments, prices, or if you would like to set up an appointment, please feel free to contact our representative.
Spring Virtual Band Concert - Monday, April 26
Save the date and watch for more information to come!