Weekly Wrap Up at West Side!
For Parents/Guardians- 11/13/23
It's Marvelous Monday! I want to begin by reminding you all that on this Wednesday, November 15th, we will have Kindergarten, 2nd and 4th grade parent lunch. We love seeing parents in our building at West Side and we are excited to see you all. We had over 196 parents attend our lunches on this past Wednesday ! A special thank you to all of you for supporting our Book Fair and our Food Drive! This is the last week to sell Kettle Corn for our school fundraiser. Please turn in the order forms before leaving for Thanksgiving Break! Thanksgiving Break is next week, Nov. 20 - Nov. 24th.
In a few weeks, the beginning of December, we will be taking the Winter Benchmark in the areas of Reading and Math. We are excited to see the academic progress that the student's have made. We will emphasize that the student's "don't stress but try their best." Our teachers and paraprofessionals are working hard daily in the classroom to help them make gains academically. We appreciate them greatly!
As this month continues we have many things to be thankful for at WSE! Not only has West Side once again been approved as a Model PLC school, but we have recently received another honor. As you know, we are a Leader In Me Lighthouse School. We were up for recertification, and we have now been officially recertified as a Lighthouse School! West Side was commended for teaching students to lead, creating a leadership environment, and sharing leadership. We were also recognized for achieving goals and empowering student learners academically. We are very proud of our school, faculty, staff, and our Lighthouse Team for helping this be possible.
Thank you to those that attended the Veterans Day program and our Spelling Bee. We are super proud of our participants! Everyone did an excellent job!
- 11/3 -11/17 Kettle Corn sale
- 11/15 Kindergarten, 2nd, 4th correct parent lunch dates (lunch times will be sent out today)
- 11/17 Kona Ice Sale
- 11/20-11/24 Thanksgiving Break
- 12/8 GA State Superintendent visits to celebrate WSE!
- As fall continues and winter approaches, please make sure you label your child's items. We collect several jackets, backpacks, lunch boxes, etc. in lost and found. If you label the items with your child's name, we can easily return the item to the student.
- Please remember in the event that you are late ,after 8:00, you must pull to the front of the school. This entrance is only for students that are tardy. If your student is tardy, please exit the vehicle and walk them to the door and enter the building. This is to ensure safety of the student.