Manatee News 7/27/21
July 28-Manatee Math Celebration
- Details have been emailed to families who participated in the program.
- Families will visit the cafeteria to finalize the registration process. Booths include: grade level tables (find out your teacher assignment), bus information, car loop signs, aftercare, PTO, school shirts and much more.
- Use this link to schedule a time to come to Registration Day https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4facaa2ca4fc1-manatee2
- Families are encouraged to drop off their school supplies when meeting the teacher. Student last name beginning with A-K, 8:00-8:45 am. Student last name beginning with L-Z, 9:00-9:45 am.
August 10-First Day of School Grades 1-6
- Kindergarten assessment appointments begin (August 10-August 13).
- All Kindergarten students are invited to come play on the playground and meet the Administration, School Resource Officer and Activity Team at 8:30 am.
- Kindergarten class lists will be posted at the front doors at 1:30 pm, Meet the Teacher will take place 1:30-2:00 pm.
- Kindergarten parent welcome breakfast, after dropping your student off your student. Come meet our Administration and PTO.
Back to School FAQ
- Do I need to attend registration on August 3rd if we already filled out the registration paperwork? Yes, at this event you will get the name of your teacher, and visit a variety of booths.
- Do I need any money at registration? No money is required but we do sell the school shirt and car magnets at registration. Please bring cash or your checkbook, if you plan to make a purchase.
- Are masks required? The Brevard Public Schools policy states masks are optional for staff and students.
- Will the classrooms have rugs? We removed the rugs for the 20-21 school year, this summer we returned rugs to the classrooms.
- Will the school still contact trace? Yes, if an individual on our campus tests positive for COVID19, we will continue to contact trace using our BPS protocol.
- Will volunteers be allowed in the building? Yes, volunteer tasks must be scheduled with the classroom teacher. All volunteers must be approved. For more information visit https://www.brevardschools.org/Page/11104
If you have questions please email ManateeElementary@brevardschools.org
Dive in to the new school year!
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! The PTO is looking forward to connecting with families; while exploring new ideas and ways for you to get involved. Be sure to check out this portion of the newsletter for important events, communications, and volunteer opportunities. We are excited for what this school year brings and can't wait for you to join our efforts!
We want to hear from you and learn how best to support you and your family. Please take a moment to complete a short survey. Click here for the survey.
Finally, have you ever wondered what it means to be a room parent? Being a room parent is a great way to get involved in the school and be a part of your child's educational experience. Additionally, you get to know and collaborate with other families in the school. Please consider volunteering as a room parent, it is an excellent way to become an important part of the Manatee family.
- Please stop by our table at registration on August 3rd.
- First PTO meeting September 8th at 3:00 pm.