Special Educator Fall Newsletter
TECH: Vocabulary - Sites and Apps to help Students
- Knoword - Game platform with three levels. Starts with the definition and the student has to choose the correct word.
- Math Vocabulary Cards - Each card features three sections: a math term, a representative example, and a concise definition.
- Vocabulary.com - Free vocabulary study service offering many practice lists and activities for students from elementary to graduate school. Find lists that are attached to novels, historical documents, and current articles.
- Vocabulist - Platform developed by a high school student that needed to look up fifty definitions. The site allows students to upload a document and have it extract words and definitions from it. There is also the ability to modify the definition if needed. Students can download the list as a PDF or export it to Quizlet.
- Vocabahead - Platform that offers videos and flashcards designed to help students learn new vocabulary words. Animated videos help explain what words mean in context.
See ALL the learning opportunities that are happening this year!
EVENT: Reimagining Word Study Instruction
Consider this 2 part series!!!
Designed for K-3 literacy coaches, interventionist, and teachers.
For more information, click here.
October 24, 2019, 9:00-3:00
1371 North Perry Street, Pontiac, Michigan
March 19, 2020, 9:00-3:00
2111 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, Michigan
EVENT: Building Thinking Classrooms Co-Teaching Mathematics
Wednesday, Dec. 18th, 8:30am-3:30pm
2111 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, Michigan 48327
Oakland Schools Special Education Consultants
Diane Fekete - Cognitive Impairment
Amy Gjonaj - Autism Spectrum Disorder
Colleen Meszler - Autism Spectrum Disorder
Shawna Veit - SDI Mathematics, Co-Teaching, SLD Teacher