November 18, 2022
HAVE A GREAT BREAK NEXT WEEK!
😎 DECEMBER 2 is END OF THE TRIMESTER ONE! 😎
Information in this Update:
- 2023 State Testing Information- Opting Out - Due December 4th for HS & February 4th K-8
- Student Health Survey 6th, 8th & 11th Graders
- Families First - Recipe of the Month
- HROA Community Enrichment - Ceramics December 2022 & Swim Lessons Start January 2023
- Resources (check out the yellow buttons near the bottom of the page)
November 23 (Wednesday)- 25: No School (Friday) - Thanksgiving Holiday Observed
December 2: End of Trimester 1
December 5: No School - Trimester 1 Report Cards Mailed December 10
*SAVE THE DATE*
December 14th: 6pm-7pm - K-5 - Virtual PJ & Story Time with Ms. Robledo & Ms. Running
December 16th: 2:30-3:30pm- Middle School Cookies & Social (At HROA Right after Enrichment!)
TBD High School Movie Night at HROA
High Schoolers Don't Forget to Vote for Your Movie Choice!
STATE TESTING 2023 INFORMATION
Districts and public charter schools must provide parents with the ODE-developed annual notice at the beginning of each school year. School districts and public charter schools must use the 30-day notice and opt-out form provided by ODE to communicate with all parents about state testing requirements and their right to opt-out for high school students by December 4, 2022 and for students in Grades 3-8 by February 4, 2023.
Forms for opting out of the state testing:
2022 Student Health Survey
Survey information will be going out to students & families the week of 11/14
About the Student Health Survey
Oregon's Student Health Survey (SHS) is a collaborative effort with the Oregon Department of Education to improve the health and well-being of all Oregon students to help them succeed. The SHS is a comprehensive, school-based, anonymous and voluntary health survey of 6th, 8th and 11th graders. It is a key part of statewide efforts to help local schools and communities ensure that all Oregon youth are healthy and successful learners.
The SHS is designed to address:
- Student health and safety
- Student mental and behavioral health
- School climate and culture
- The impact of COVID-19
If your homeschool is Hood River Middle use this link https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7031495/HoodRiverCountySD-HoodRiverMiddleSchool-361-6thEQ
If your homeschool is Wy'east Middle use this link https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7031495/HoodRiverCountySD-WyEastMiddleSchool-367-6thEQ
If your homeschool is Hood River Middle use this link https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7030657/HoodRiverCountySD-HoodRiverMiddleSchool-361-8thEQ
If your home school is Wy'east Middle use this link https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7030657/HoodRiverCountySD-WyEastMiddleSchool-367-8thEQ
Cheesecake ice tray popsicles/Helados de pastel de queso
8oz. Package of cream cheese softened/8 onzas de queso de crema ablandado
- Fruit of your choice/Fruta de tu elección
- Plain Greek yogurt/Yogur griego natural
- Ice tray/ Bandeja de hielo
Mix cream cheese until smooth and creamy
Add ½ cup yogurt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons honey and mix until well blended and creamy, set aside for later
Crumble 5-7 graham crackers and add 2 tablespoons of melted butter mix well
Press graham cracker crumbs into an ice tray about ¼ full, next fill with the yogurt mix, leaving a little room for fruit and nut topping of choice.
Put in the popsicle sticks and freeze overnight or until firm, and enjoy!
1. Mezcle el crema de queso hasta que quede suave
2. Agregue ½ taza de yogur, 1 cucharadita de vainilla, 1 cucharadita de jugo de limón, 2 cucharadas de miel, y mezcle hasta que esté bien mezclado y cremoso, reserve para más tarde
3. Desmenuce 5-7 galletas integrales y agregue 2 cucharadas de mantequilla derretida y mezcla bien
4. Presione las migas de la galleta en una bandeja de hielo hasta aproximadamente ¼ de su capacidad. Luego llénala con la mezcla de yogur, dejando un poco de espacio para la cobertura de fruta y nueces.
5. Coloque los palitos de paleta y congele durante la noche o hasta que estén firmes, y disfrute!
FRIDAYS 12:30 - 2:30pm
Ceramics and Clay Art
Where: The HROA building
December 2nd and 9th
Times for different Grade Levels
- Kindergarten-3rd Grade 11:30-12:30
- 4th-7th Grade 12:30-1:30
- 8th- 12th grade 1:30-2:30
December 2nd & 9th
Build clay sculptures using slabs.
Beginner students will create a leaf pressing.
More advanced students will create an expressive mask.
Glaze your creations!
Pick up your glazed and fired projects the following week on Dec 15th or 16th
Swim Lessons! 1/06, 1/13, 1/20, & 1/27
Learn to swim or improve your swimming skills!
Groups will be formed based on your ability level.
Classes taught by Hood River Valley Park and Recreation Swim Instructors
When: January 6th, 13, 20, 27
Where: Hood River Pool
1610 May Street.
Different times for different age groups
K-3rd graders- | 1:00pm - 1:30pm
4-7th graders | 1:30pm - 2pm
8-12th graders | 2:00pm - 2:30pm
Waiting for a sibling who is in a lesson?
We will have an art activity set up in the party room.
HROA Building Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 3:00pm