AJS Weekly Bison Tracks
September 2, 2022
- September 2 - Grade Level Assemblies
- September 5 - Labour Day (Stat. Holiday)
- September 7, 2:16 p.m. - Early Dismissal
- September 7, 4:40 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Bisons Football Bottle Drive
- September 6-9 - Welcome week
- September 6 - Fun Fruit Snack & Teacher Trivia
- September 7 - Teacher Trivia & AJS Trivia
- September 8 - Blue and White Day & Teacher Trivia
- September 9 - Mental Health Treats & Teacher Trivia
- September 13, 11:00 am - NAIT Lunch visit
- September 14, 11:30 am - MacEwan University Lunch visit
- September 15, 11:30 am - Augustana University and Concordia University Lunch visit
- September 15, 11:30 am - Lakeland College - lunch booth
- September 19, 6:30 p.m. - School Council Meeting
- September 20, 11:30 a.m. - MC College Lunch visit
- September 23 - Terry Fox School Run Day
- September 30 - National Day for Truth and Reconciliation (schools and Central Services closed)
- September 30 - Orange Shirt Day
- October 5 - Word Teachers' Day
- October 5, 2:16 p.m. - Early Dismissal
Update your PowerSchool information
The EIPS Correction and Verification Form is now available online through your PowerSchool Parent Portal. Use the form to access and update your child’s records information—including address, parent and guardian information, emergency contacts and medical information. Reviewing the form and submitting updates ensures the school has the most up-to-date information regarding your child.
When reviewing the form, pay close attention to all listed phone numbers, email addresses and emergency contact information. Also, if you recently moved, now is the time to ensure the Division has your updated address. Throughout the year, the Division and school uses the listed information to communicate with families about important information, including updates, the latest news and event.
EIPS Correction and Verification Form
Review and update the form by Sept. 22, 2022.
For more information about the PowerSchool Correction and Verification Form, contact the school office at 780-922-2228.
Improving home-school communication
To enhance communication between families and schools, Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) created a how-to guide entitled, Communication Protocol for Schools. Topics include:
· appropriate channels to use;
· standard formats and structures;
· timing and sequencing for regular and ongoing home-school communication; and
· ways to bring forward questions or concerns.
The guide also offers useful tools and resources schools, and families can use to enhance face-to-face meetings, email communication and various social media efforts. EIPS encourages all families and schools to review the guide at:
Download the SchoolMessenger App
Ardrossan Jr-Sr High School and the Division use the SchoolMessenger platform for communicating with families—through both phone and email. Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your safe sender list to avoid having important messages funneled into your junk mail folder.
The easiest way to stay connected is to download the SchoolMessenger app. Get the latest updates direct to your mobile device and enable push notifications to never miss a message. Families can also check back on past messages—for up to 30 days—directly in the app rather than searching to find an old message buried in your inbox. Download the SchoolMessenger app from the App Store or Google Play today.
Coming soon—the Safe Arrivals absence reporting tool will be rolled out within the SchoolMessenger app later this school year. Families will be able to quickly and easily report a child’s absence directly in the app. No more phone calls or emails required. Stay tuned for updates in the coming months.
Sync the School Calendar to your calendar
Did you know you can sync the school calendar to your own calendar? You can. Simply, visit https://www.ardrossan.ca/calendar and click on the applicable subscription option:
· Download to iCal
· Add to Google Calendar
· Subscribe to Calendar
NOTE: Options are located above the calendar.
Once you click on the desired subscription option, follow the instructions. Within seconds, your calendar will contain all Ardrossan Jr-Sr High School’s important dates including holidays, school-closures days, planned activities, events and more.
Pay School fees online!
School fee information for the 2022-23 school year will be posted on the PowerSchool Parent Portal in late September. All fees are due within 30 days of being posted. To access your fee information, simply log in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal and go to “Student Fees.” There you can view your fees and pay online using a credit card.
Don’t forget to log in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal regularly throughout the year. Fees are often added to your child’s account to cover the cost of certain school activities such as field trips, class projects, athletic-team fees and more. Additionally, junior high and senior high fees can change as courses are added and deleted.
If you’re unable to pay your school fees, you can apply to have certain fees waived by submitting an Application for a Waiver of Fees. The application deadline is Dec. 15, 2022.
For more information about school fees, waivers and payment deadlines visit eips.ca. Alternatively, contact Mrs. Chancie Cole, Business Manager at Ardrossan Jr-Sr High School at 780-922-2228.
Video surveillance on buses
Did you know each EIPS bus is equipped with video surveillance?
Video surveillance and equipment help:
· ensure the safety of all students, drivers and property; and
· discourage destructive acts.
Regularly basis, EIPS Student Transportation reviews the video recordings, in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. The recordings assist the department with monitoring student and driver conduct and may be used as evidence in a disciplinary matter.
For more information about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, contact the EIPS FOIP Co-ordinator at 780-464-3477.
Permission Click forms
Look for your Permission Click forms:
Student Health and Safety Contract
Student Responsible Technology Use Agreement
Please scan the QR code to fill in the online form to recieve your parking pass. Passes will be available during lunch in Grad Hall the first 2 weeks of school.
• Traffic flow is one way entering and exiting the new student parking lot.
• Grade 12's can park in any of the parking stalls available.
We have reserved the parking stalls highlighted in pink as the "Grade 12 Only". These inculde all of the plug in stalls except for the 3 highlighted in blue for staff. This will be enforced.
Grade 10/11 students may park in any of the areas highlighted in orange.
- September 6 - Jr Sr Boys Volleyball tryouts
- September 6 - Jr Sr Girls Volleyball tryouts
- September 7,8 & 9 - Jr Jr Girls Volleyball tryouts
- September 15 - Bison Football (vs Sturgeon)
- September 16 & 17 - Sr Varsity Volleyball Tri Volley Tournament
- September 21 - Junior High Bison Thunder Cross Country
- September 21 - Junior High Bison Thunder Cross Country (Rain-out Day)
- September 21 - Bison Football vs. Lillian Osborne
- September 28 - Bison Football vs. Holy Trinity