February 1, 2016
Happy Monday! Happy Snowcoming Week!!
Spirit Week Days:
Monday, February 1st starts Spirit Week. The first day is Twin’s Day. I want to suggest wearing our most recent black and gold Howell North shirts that we were given by Andy and dress as “Twins” as a staff!
Tuesday: Old People (Upper Classmen) Vs Babies (Underclassmen—We should dress like teenagers since that is what we deal with every day!
Wednesday: Workout Wednesday- Get out your sweat pants and let’s match them with our recent blue Howell North shirts that we were given from KOE for Teacher Appreciation Week
Thursday: Neon (Underclassman) Vs Black and White (Upperclassman)—If you feel you have been here FOREVER, wear Black and White, if you are fairly new to the building (less than 5 years) wear NEON!
Friday: Class Color Day—Wear Black and Gold and have an amazing time at the Pep Assembly!!
- Thanks to Kristen DiCarlo for presenting on Google Classrooms at this past Friday’s Lunch and Learn
- 2nd place for FHN senior Rachel Juhlin in the Missouri All State Sight Singing Bee. What a HUGE accomplishment!!
- FHN_HOSA raised just shy of $1400 for Polar Bear Plunge.
- WOW FHN! 214 people registered to donate blood. 160 successful donations making us #1 high school in STL.
Five Quick Facts
Jeff Blankenship--Assistant Principal
1) My wife Kelly and I have been married for 11 years and we have 3 children. Caroline Hope will be 7 this week, Addison Joy is 4, and Joel Robert will be 2 next week.
2) During my time as a teacher, I taught US History, World History, Personal Finance and I coached soccer and baseball.
3) I am a movie fanatic, my favorite being The Shawshank Redemption, but I also love The Godfather, Star Wars, and Field of Dreams.
4) I initially went to Truman State University on a partial theater scholarship, but quickly joined ROTC instead.
5) I used to want to be President of the United States of America.
I nominate Melissa Trochim to go next.
Here is the survey to submit you Average Daily Attendance for your 1st Period class in January. This link will also be emailed out. Our current Average Daily Attendance for the year is 95.84% with Freshmen leading the charge at 96.69%. Our goal is to stay above 95.5%. Thanks for all that you do to emphasize this with our students!
FHN has had a 66% reduction in Drug/Alcohol suspensions compared to this time last year.
Thank you for your help with climate survey.
Climate Committee met last Monday, January 25th. We continued the discussion of the Climate Data and the committee had some great suggestions on how to tackle some of your concerns.
We also hope you and your family will join us at the Pink Out games this Friday.
If you missed Mrs. DiCarlo’s Lunch and Learn Presentation, you can watch it on the following YouTube Link:
Please complete the FHN tech directory survey by clicking on the link below:
EOC and ACT Testing Window
4/11- 4/19 ELA, Alg 2, and Gov
4/25- 5/3 Alg 1 and Bio