The Paw Print
Vol 0. Week of August 9, 2021
WELCOME BACK, PANTHERS!
Review the Registration Newsletter to learn all about what you need to bring with you!
CCMS & PTSA Gives Every Panther One Free PE T-Shirt This Year!
This year, CCMS and PTSA are excited to announce we are providing each CCMS student with one free P.E. uniform t-shirt. Students will receive a voucher at registration, which they can then redeem for their free shirt either at registration, or through the student store up until June 10, 2022. One shirt per student. In addition, the PTSA will continue to sell additional t-shirts, shorts, sweatshirts and athletic pants (yoga pants and sweatpants) at registration and through the student store throughout the year. Cash, check and credit card accepted.
PE CLOTHING PRICING 2021-2022
- Shirts: One shirt per student provided free of charge. Additional shirts: $12.00
- Shorts: $12.00
- Sweatpants: $20.00
- Yoga Pants: $20.00
- Crew Sweatshirt: $20.00
- Hoodie: $25.00
Are You a Returning Parent to Registration?
We're looking for parents to volunteer at registraion. If you're interested, please click on this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F094EAFAE2EA31-ccms. We need volunteers for both Tuesday and Wednesday. Anyone who volunteers gets to move to the front of the Registration line as a thank you for their service.
New to CCMS? Get ready for Camp Panther!
All attendees should:
- Meet at the fron blue gate where they will also exit at the end of the event.
- Bring their own water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Come prepared to spend some time in the sun.
- Bring a mask for precaution as each event is for 150 students. Though the events will be strictly outdoors (where masks are now optional), students are encouraged to continue practicing safe behaviors.
Be a Proud Panther and Join the PTSA!
Start the year off right – as you register your student this week, join the CCMS PTSA! The CCMS PTSA is open to all parents, guardians, teachers and students to help build strong working relationships at our school, in support of CCMS and its students. We encourage all parents, guardians, students, teachers, and family members to join, including grandparents and siblings! Your membership results in advocacy for our students at the district, state and national level. The more members we have, the more say we have! Please also consider sponsoring a membership for someone else, including teachers.
Membership costs just $8 per year. If you were a member last year, please renew your membership for this year! Go to https://jointotem.com/ca/culver-city/culver-city-middle-school-ptsa/join to join today!
Donate to the CCMS 100 Campaign
At the start of each school year, the PTSA and Panther Partners (our Booster Club) raise funds that are needed for critical programs including our teacher materials and supplies, WEB program, AVID, Music and Choir, Athletics, after-school enrichment, diversity and equity efforts, academic intervention and much more.
We're asking 100% of CCMS families to donate meaningfully to raise $100,000 in the first 100 days of school (before 11/10). Last year we raised $40,000 and we want to build on that success this year.
We are asking each CCMS family to donate and give meaningfully. There is no minimum amount, and every dollar truly counts!
The PTSA will not run any other major fundraisers and will rely solely on your contributions to fund our programs. In order to provide quality experiences for our 1,700 students, we must raise $100,000. Click here to donate now: PTSA & Panther Partners Annual Giving Campaign. All contributions, small or large, are truly appreciated, and are a celebration of our special community. Thank you in advance for donating!
NEW SCHOOL INFORMATION
Welcome and Congratulations to Our New CCMS Office Staff!
Our newest Assistant Principal!
Our newest addition to the CCMS counseling team!
Our newest addition to our office staff!
New CCMS Bell Schedule
The First Day of School
- Students with a zero period class will not attend zero period until the following week. The first day for zero period is Monday, August 23rd.
- On Thursday and Friday, August 19 and 20, all students will attend two days of Panther Prep. Students will follow their course schedule and will receive sessions led by their teachers on positive behavior expectations, safety around campus, how to ask for help, and much more!
During the 2021-22 school year, ALL students will receive free meals from the cafeteria.
- Students need only to show their student ID for scanning.
- Pins will no longer be used.
- If students wish to purchase additional snack not included in the regular school meal, they may do so out of the funds in their student meal account.
- Cash will no longer be accepted.
- To load money on your student's meal account, go to: https://www.k12paymentcenter.com/
- To complete a meal application, click here: www.culvecafe.org
Chromebook Program Information
As we transition into the new school year, and after seeing the benefits of students having
access to their own Chromebooks last year, we now consider technology to be an integral
instructional tool to be used in the classroom and at home, in the same way that textbooks
are. To that end, students at Culver City Middle School and Culver City High School will be
provided Chromebooks in a “1-to-1” system for this school year. Students will be expected to
bring their charged device to school on a daily basis to be considered fully prepared for class. However, we will have spare devices and chargers available on a limited basis.
Similar to our existing policies for other instructional materials, we have developed a policy regarding student and parent rights and responsibilities related to these Chromebooks. Please review it with your child and contact your school site with any questions or concerns.
CCMS students will receive their devices during the two weeks of school.
This is an exciting project, one we have considered for many years. The Distance Learning
experience made it clear what a benefit technology can serve for student learning and showed us that we could successfully implement this program on a permanent basis.
Assistant Superintendent, Business Services
Review the CCMS Summer Reading Assignment
Incoming CCHS 9th Graders - Summer Homework
- The summer reading assignment for incoming Centaurs will be due the first day of school. Click here for the link to the assignment.
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
On Twitter, Instagram and Facebook @CulverCityMS