Laura B. Sprague School Newsletter - May 21, 2021
End of the Year Activities
- May 25-27: Game Nights for Remote Learners
- May 26: Full day of school for all students (originally a half day of school and nonattendance for EC)
May 28: Sprague library books are due (Book Bus is no longer operating)
June 3: Early Childhood and Kindergarten last day of school (return iPad, case, cord charger)
Friday, June 4: In-person learners in grades 1 and 2 attend school from 8:15 to 11:00 a.m. (return iPad, case, keyboard, cord, charger)
- Friday, June 4: Optional school visit for remote kindergartners from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. for songs, art, and games. Parents are responsible for getting students to school and should drop off and pick up students in the front of the school using the circle drive. Students should bring a filled water bottle. (return iPad, case, cord, charger)
Friday, June 4: Remote learners in grades 1 and 2 attend school at home 8:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Friday, June 4: Optional school visit for remote first- and second-graders from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. for songs, art, and games. Parents are responsible for getting students to school and should drop off and pick up students in the front of the school using the circle drive. Students should bring a filled water bottle. (return iPad, case, keyboard, charger)
SHS Virtual Art Show
Please visit the Stevenson High School Virtual Consortium Art Show to view some of our students amazing artwork now through Monday, May 31. Please visit the SHS website to read about the 41st annual Consortium Art Show. I hope you get a chance to check out the AMAZING artwork Sprague students created! There is so much talent, and I congratulate the students on this well-earned honor! The art show is representative of some students' work, but not all.
All students who are not attending summer school are expected to return their school-issued iPad. This should include the iPad, full case, and charger.
- Thursday, June 3: All early childhood and kindergartners should turn in their iPad, case, cord and charger.
- Friday, June 4: First- and second-grade in-person learners should turn their device, case, keyboard, cord, and charger into their classroom teacher.
- Friday, June 4: Remote learners should turn their iPad, case, keyboard, cord and charger into the technology collection box inside the vestibule near the front school office.
We collect iPads at the end of the school year to assure that they are updated and in good working condition for the next school year. Summer school students will turn their iPads in at the end of June. Please fill put a note on the iPad if you have a concern about the device.
Pick Up Medicine from Nurse
Board Recognizes Retirees and Years of Service
Daniel Wright Technology Specialist Ann Blomberg will retire after 25 years in District 103
Daniel Wright Secretary Janet Lyman will retire after 24 years in District 103
Sprague First-Grade Teacher Helen Friedli will retire after 9 years in District 103
Read their stories in a recent e-notice that went out this week along with other staff recognized for their years of service.
Vaccine Clinic to Open in D103
D103 is pleased to announce that a limited availability of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine will be available during a COVID-19 Student/Family/Staff Vaccination Clinic on Sunday, May 23, at Daniel Wright. For more about the clinic, please read the D103 e-notice. Parents of 12-15-year-olds can also schedule their child's vaccine at the Patty Turner Center in Deerfield on May 17, 20, and 24. Appointments can be scheduled at ~ https://tinyurl.com/VAX1215 ~.
Returning Student Registration is Underway
103 Club Accepting Campers
Camp 103 Club is open to all D103 students. There are still openings in the camp. Students do not need to be in summer school to attend camp. If your child is not in summer school, please drop your child off at Sprague at 12:15 p.m. for the start of camp. Please visit Camp 103 Club for more information.
Children do NOT need to participate in 103 Club during the school year to attend Camp 103 Club. Camp 103 Club operates after District 103 summer school hours and operates out of Sprague School. Parents will need to pick up from Camp 103 Club. Please email 103 Club Director Robynn Bryant at email@example.com for more information.
Run for D103
The D103 PTO happily reported that it raised $13,115 from its recent Run for D103 Virtual 5K fundraiser. The money is being earmarked for Half Day School's stage lighting project. Please check out some of the fundraising participants on our Facebook page.