Weekly News - 4th Edition
Week of October 1st
Hollifield Station - Home of the Huskies!
Celebrations: National Hispanic-Latino Heritage Month
- 10/2 National Custodial Worker's Recognition Day
- 10/3 Patapsco 50th Anniversary Celebration
- 10/4 Teacher Meeting 7:50 a.m. in Media Center
- 10/4 Pep Rallies 9:00 a.m. K-2 | 2:15 p.m. 3-5 (SEE INFO. BELOW under PTA)
- 10/7 Screenagers - The Next Chapter - 7:00 p.m. Mount Hebron HS
- 10/7-10/15 Team Days Huddles | 1st 15 minutes of Recess
- 10/9 Schools & Offices Closed Yom Kippur
- 10/16 Main Event: Fun Run 9:00 a.m. K-2 | 10:00 a.m. 3-5
- 10/18 Schools Closed for students - MSTA Convention
- 10/21 Post Program Meeting and 1st Collections at 9:00 a.m.
- 10/21 Flu Clinic
- 10/27 Diwali
- 10/28 2nd Collections at 9:00 a.m.
- 10/29 PTA General Meeting 6:30 -8:00 p.m.
- 10/31 Halloween Parade
- 11/1 Schools Close 3 hours Early - End of 1st Marking Period
- 11/8 Make-up Picture Day
- 11/11 Veteran's Day
- 11/13 ESP Day - Educator Support Professional's Day
- 11/18 American Education Week
- 11/22 Positive Office Referral Picture
- 11/25 Kid's Heart Challenge
- 11/25 Schools Close 3 hours early - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/26 Schools Close 3 hours early - Parent/Teacher Conferences
Celebrations: National American Indian Heritage Month
We are approaching the Fall window for MAP (Measures of Academic Performance) Testing at HSES. This is an online assessment administered to all students in first though eighth grade, county wide. There is no preparation needed other than a good night's sleep, a good breakfast, and being at school ready to learn. This assessment provides teachers one data point to identify academic strengths and areas of need for your child. It also allows you to track your child's progress over time. The results of the assessment will be sent with your child(ren) once they become available. If you would like more information about the MAP Assessment you may visit the following link: https://www.hcpss.org/academics/testing/map-information/
1st Grade – September 23rd Week
2nd Grade – October 1st Week
3rd Grade – October 7th Week
4th Grade – October 14th Week
5th Grade – October 14th and 21st Week
Advanced Planning Calendar: Information on this calendar is subject to change, but provides some additional information on upcoming dates. All confirmed dates will be reflected in the dates above. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zk9QED0QBAJI_b46s6-U14D9FBHhTV9hYNBLRonoFKg/edit#gid=1548803383
HSES Website: http://hses.hcpss.org/
PTA Website: What is a PTA? "The main role of the local PTA is to build strong working relationships among parents, teachers and schools, in support of students. This can include recruiting and coordinating volunteers, providing special recognition in awards ceremonies or through other activities, organizing parent education events, planning teacher appreciation activities and much more."
Curriculum for coming weeks (Click Here):
As the school year gets underway, we will provide the standards that each grade level is focusing on for that week. For deeper understanding of the standards, please visit HCPSS.org for links to the curriculum - https://www.hcpss.org/academics/english-language-arts/curriculum/
Important Dates and Information for Boosterthon!!!!!
Parents and Families—Hollifield Station Elementary School's main fundraiser is the Boosterthon Fun Run! It’s a two-week program that kicks off this year with a Pep Rally on October 4th. Families will then gather pledges for every lap your student runs (typically 30-35 laps) at the Fun Run, which will happen on October 16th. This year our goal is to raise $45,000 for improvements to the school, and we need your help! We’ve asked the experts at Booster to power our fundraiser to make it easier, more profitable, and more fun.
Students will also experience an amazing character theme, MINDSPARK: WILD WEST! Booster’s most exciting theme yet combines S.T.E.A.M. skills (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) with character-building. While they're teaming up with the MindSpark Kids to save Dr. Shock, our students will learn five character traits that will help strengthen themselves and our world.
We will be sending out more information in the coming weeks on how pledges will be collecte All families are invited to come out on October 16th and cheer on our students at the Boosterthon Fun Run! Kindergartners through 2nd graders will be running at 9:00 a.m., and 3rd through 5th graders will get started around 10:00 a.m.
More information will be coming your way after the pep rally! Thanks so much for your support!
· Reminder - Distribution of community flyers in schools: Community organizations wishing to distribute flyers must have an approval letter from the Public Information Office prior to distribution. Electronic announcements must also be pre-approved, and will be posted on the Community News and Programs webpage. Please include the following statement in your school newsletter rather than individual community announcements: Please visit the Community News and Programs webpage (http://www.hcpss.org/community-news-and-programs/) for all announcements of upcoming events and programs sponsored by non-profit organizations. Schools should refer any organization requesting distribution to Public Information at 410-313-6682 or email@example.com.