By Juan Santana
Should Students have to wear uniforms?
Do uniforms make schools better?
5 Reasons we shouldn't wear uniforms:
• Are simply a Band-Aid on the issue of school violence
• Make students a target for bullies from other schools
• Are a financial burden for poor families
• Are an unfair additional expense for parents who pay taxes for a free public education
• Are difficult to enforce in public schools
According to proponents, school uniforms: Counter Argument
• Encourage discipline.
• Help students resist peer pressure to buy trendy clothes.
• Help identify intruders in the school.
• Diminish economic and social barriers between students.
• Increase a sense of belonging and school pride.
• Improve attendance.
Even though they say this about the children. They need to express themselves and show who they really are inside. Think about the children's feelings about the uniform if a child grew up in a uniform school they would feel comfortable wearing uniforms, so now its up to the parents to take their children to the type of school they want.