Fredericktown Elementary School
Kindness Challenge Week - 2023, Kindness is my Superpower!
Monday: How can your kindness superpower change the world?
Tuesday: Empathy is listening carefully to understand how someone else is thinking and feeling and showing you care for others.
Wednesday: Appreciation is showing someone how important they are to you and how thankful you are for them.
Thursday: Jim "Basketball" Jones Assembly
Friday: Share the spirit of kindness with generosity.
Students and staff were challenge to write a students name on a comic strip piece of paper when they saw students being kind throughout the week. The grade level that has the most shapes on the wall by the end of the day on Thursday, March 2 will receive a surprise visit and reward from a special visitor... to be continued!
Student Council Organizes Assembly Activity
- FES has a student council that participate in a variety of activities throughout the year.
- The members come from students in 3rd, 4th and 5th grade.
- Mrs. Gregg and Ms Doup are the advisors to the students ... thank you for your work.
- Student Council coordinated an activity for students in grade K-2 and 3-5 to end our Kindness Challenge Week.
- This activity coincided with our quarterly reward for lunch with the principal. Congratulation reward recipients!
- This was the first time ever student council coordinated such an event. Thank you and congratulations to all student council members for your leadership.
Jim "Basketball" Jones Assembly
- Jim "Basketball" Jones Assembly was a tremendous success.
- Students and staff loved the interactive assembly and positive message.
- Jim message focus is ... "I can... I will... I won't quit."
- Students learned about developing and harnessing inner strength and mindset.
- Jim shared and believes that everyone learns differently, but success can be found through perseverance and continued learning.
- His message continued with ... own your efforts, learn from others and believe in yourself to gain your true potential.
Super Freddie, Kindness Challenge Week
- Students wrote names of others being kind and posted by grade level.
- Mrs. White, Elementary Guidance Counselor, provided introductory lessons for the week.
- Teacher resources were provided with lessons, read alouds, center activities and more.
- Students created classroom banners that were posted in the hall.
- Student Council passed out kindness bracelets.
- Daily dress up activities helped keep students and staff totally engaged.
Read Across America
Reading is Sweet
We have a full week of activities planned that ties in with the theme of the week, "Reading is Sweet."
Monday: Laughy Taffy Day - Wear bring colors
Tuesday: Startburst Day - Wear stars
Wednesday: Snickers Day - Put a joke in your pocket
Thursday: Jolly Rancher Day - Dress as a cowboy/cowgirl
Friday: Reading is Sweet - Dress as a sweet treat
*contact your classroom teacher for additional details*
Students will be challenged with a reading goal. Classrooms will be awarded a prize as well. The entire student body will be involved in a reading challenge that involves a version of the board game, Candyland. If students are successful, Mr. Caputo will carry out an surprise event in celebration of meeting the reading goal!
Read Across America
Every day there will be a theme that ties in with "Reading is Sweet."