The Colt Courier
January 24, 2020
It was another great week at Springfield. I know that there are a variety of changes coming next year, but the atmosphere here and family feel will be a constant. Please remember that no matter what school you are at next year, you are still a Colt for the rest of this year. I know we all will be fully invested in our students, team, and school. I am at a PLC conference with the other principals from Monday-Thursday. Since I am not here and it is the Treat Trolley on Monday, enjoy a jeans day as another treat! Please call or text me if you need anything. Have a great week!
- Teams, please complete the budget request form by Friday the 31st. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wOanCetgVeD58iiCsmA9SfsjwnWoGa8uQ-kiCJZt4-4/edit#gid=0
- SLO's reflections must be submitted by February 3.
- SLO conferences will take place during PLC's on February 4. Please be prepared to talk about STAR/F&P data.
- On Friday, January 31st, we will do an optional tailgate party to celebrate the 100th day and Super Bowl. Bring your favorite snack or food to the mail room and you can make a plate at any time. Sign up using the link. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PbWAVx4zVC4fNKcfBuhgw04wr6KSe7EKMm QZDRKSt10/edit#gid=0
- Jennifer Lenger will be filling in as a long term sub position for Tara Miller for the rest of the year. Please welcome her.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Rolison and her family on the birth of their beautiful baby boy.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Baber. She will be retiring at the end of the school year.
- The Chili Cookoff is March 7th. We need volunteers for our school level cookoff which will be February 21st. Sign up if you are interested. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rtgRJ00gha5qgpJf8Ipb1zHy6Z1X7vSM9xUwbl4KwzE/edit#gid=0
- One School One Book times are below. The date is February 3rd for the kickoff. The STEAM/OSOB night is February 25.
8:35-8:55am for K, 1, 2
9:05-9:25 for 3, 4, 5
Happy January Birthdays to the Following Colts!
We hope the following staff members have a wonderful birthday!
January 6- Rachel Marie Oswald
January 7- Kasey Ellsworth
January 14- Claire Birch
January 17- Nicole Gaunt
January 19- Katie Dreer
January 23- Laura Campbell
January 24- Jamie Thomas
January 26- Aaryn MarstersJanuary 27- Satchel VanVield
January 28- Jennifer Hirst
January 30- Marissa Ganson
Colt Shout Outs
- Shout out to Angela Sigler for a great math PD-Beaumont
Shout out to Angela Sigler for joining kindergarten during PLC to help them gain more knowledge in how to apply concepts from the math PD.-Baird
Shout out to Mrs. Ficklen for allowing us to use her media center for class pictures.
To Mrs. Raines~ Thank you for allowing me to come observe your guided reading! I loved it and gained lots of great ideas!!!-Letterhos
SES Teacher Website
Our Google Site will provide access to a variety of resources including: Master Schedules, Handbooks, Calendars, Faculty Rosters, etc...