"Inspiring Greatness in Tomorrow's Leaders!" 3-20-15
Think Win Win, Synergize and Yee-Haws!
After our latest learning walk, some of the many things that stood out were described through the elegantly written follow-up email by Dawn and Jojo on the 5 Es.
To second what they shared; I love the high level of student engagement that is seen in every nook and cranny of our school, the warm and nurturing environment that each of you bring through your caring and thoughtful ways, the vertical articulation that each of you take upon yourselves, the walls being used as learning tools, small group rotations for individualization, lots of student collaboration and student dialogue, tasks for independent work are clear and of high value (few worksheets), real-life application of skills, students taking ownership of their own learning, growth mindset being fostered and valued, high quality tasks in the Discovery Labs, technology integration in high level ways, support staff and preschool all supporting student learning.
- Terry, Julie, Isabel, Leilani, Jojo, Dawn for their participation our Learning Walk. I really appreciate Terry's and Julie's leadership in these great collaborative opportunities.
- Thank you to the District Office Leadership Team for providing our staff with such a wonderful breakfast. These acts of thoughtfulness and kindness contributes to the positive culture our district has! Thank you Nancy, Carlos, Terry, Sal, Julie, Caroline, Shabir, and Rosa.
- Kimberly, Shaina, Jojo, Shiela for their participation at the CUE conference. I actually think Solana Beach teachers should be presenting at CUE. We are doing so many great things with tech. integration.
- Congratulations to Kelsey Holohan for being named a tech. TOSA next year. We are so pleased to have your skills and talents for both BTSA and Technology integration next year!
- Ashley for organizing and attending our SR's participation and Petco Park's STEM Fair. Thank you for going the extra mile for our students and school!
- I know I shared this with staff at our Staff Meeting, but not everyone was able to hear this wonderful compliment from one of our Guest Teachers: "Solana Ranch is one of the few places where everyone is positive, complimentary, and welcoming. Staff invites me to come have lunch. Wonderful environment." This makes me so happy to hear this!
- Thank you Nora and Jordan for coming in last weekend on a Sunday to helps students finish their History Projects. I love the way our staff is always going the extra mile!
- I'm seeing and hearing about some great Buddy Projects. Last week Jojo's 5th grade worked with Dawniel's 1st graders on creating iMovies on the 7 Habits and Hawk Pride. Talk about leadership and win-win!
Put First Things First
- Dawn, Kimberly, Sheila, and Ellen to Leader in Me Conference - Tues. and Wed.
- Regan and Jessica to Learning Walk at CC on Tues.
- 5th Grade Common Core Training on Tues. and 6th Grade on Wed.
- Student Success Day on 3-36.
- Science Night for 1st-3rd Grade on Wed. 5:30-7:00. We could use Parent or Teacher Volunteers to run the stations.
- Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood. See quotes below:
Enjoy your Weekends! Sharpen the Saw(: