Lobo Library News
Service, Unity, Respect, & Excellence.
Celebrating Banned Books Week
September 22 -- 28, 2019
Look for your favorite Banned Book Author and send them a tweet or a letter to let them know how much the book impacted your life, made you feel, or your favorite quotes. Make sure to include a picture of you holding your favorite banned book (include us in your tweet @chsLOBOlibrary!). Click here to find your favorite Banned Book Author Twitters & Mailing Addresses.
Fall Voter Registration Drive
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are 18 years of age on Election Day.
Are you registered to vote?
To confirm your voter registration status, you may select one of three methods to perform a search at this website: Am I Registered to Vote?
- Your Texas driver’s license number, if you provided it when you applied for voter registration;
- Your Voter Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter registration certificate;
- Your first and last name.
Just Keep Livin'
Thursday September 19: First Meeting!
September 20: Cooking Class
September 26: Guest Speaker, Marisela Martinez, Refugee Services/Non Profit Career
September 27: Service
October 3: Getting Ready for our Break Dancing Class!
October 4: Break Free, Fitness & Guest Speaker
Name That Book Club
Click on the hyperlink to check out the books we are reading this year:
See Ms. Knowles or Ms. Saldivar for more information.
HIGH SCHOOL NAME THAT BOOK LIST
- Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover
- Fatal Throne: The Wives of Henry VIII Tell All by Candice Fleming (editor)
- This Heart of Mine by C.C. Hunter
- The Unlikelies by Carrie Firestone
Gay Straight Alliance
Estela Romero, Library Clerk
Open every day during school hours.
After School: Monday -- Thursday, 4 pm to 5 pm
Before School: Every Day, 7:45 am to 8:20 am