St. John-Emmanuel Lutheran School
"Sharing Christ through Academic Excellence"
Week of February 4, 2019
School Calendar of Events
Feb 4- Talent show @ Soest 1pm. ALL kids dismissed from their bus AND car
Feb 5- Regular school day w/ kids NO Staff PD day
Feb 15- TLSP Staff PD Day and E-Learning Day (make up for Nov. 15th)
Feb 16- Bridge Design Competition @ CLHS
Feb 18- President's Day- Parent Drive day (make up for Jan 23rd)
Feb 19- School board meeting 7pm @ Soest
Feb 24- School Association meeting @ Soest 2pm
This week we are praying for...
Larry/Michelle Nagel, Leyna & Alexander
DOn/Myra Niemeyer & Eli
Mid-Year Climate Survey- Please Take Time to Complete
Please take a couple of minutes to complete. The results will be published to the school board at its February meeting.
Here is the link: https://goo.gl/forms/ZD2rea5q6cQPOoI73
February Hot Lunch Menu
Annual School Association Meeting Coming Soon
Lutheran Schools Week Revisited
1) Monday- Talent Show as planned
2) Wednesday-Baptismal Remembrance chapel with ALL K-8 kids at Flatrock with service project with buddies afterwards. Please drop off kids at Flatrock for baptismal remembrance chapel.
3) Friday- Decades Dress Day
- The carnival is still looking for volunteers for this spring. Whether you need volunteer hours or not, please consider signing up to help. Here is an easy link to do so: http://signup.com/go/XFPpqJj
- All Parents: The PTL will need a carnival chairperson for the 19-20 school year. If you are interested, please talk to Stephanie Foster.
- Room parents: Carnival baskets need to be finished the week before spring break.
- February 4th is last big donation announcement. Watch the page on Facebook to find out more
SJE Make Up Days
All school closure days are now being added to the end of the school year AND become parent drive days as well. As of this newsletter, we have 4 days added (1/29, 1/30,1/31 and 2/1) to the end of the year. The last day is now May 30th barring any more closures. The calendar on the school website is up to date and will remain so with any more changes that may come.
SJE Kindness Week Coming
Volunteering at SJE
Please note the info in bold below and see where you might be able to help/volunteer. If you have not yet volunteered this year, please consider doing so.
**Please note that your volunteer hours this year (18-19) will reduce or eliminate up to $400 of the tuition increase/student set for the 19-20 school year.***