Help Wanted! Need President!
By: Adam Francischiello
Chief Diplomat: Direct foreign policy, can make executive agreements (similar to treaties) without congressional approval.
Commander in Chief: In charge of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard, and the President is the only one who can order American soldiers into battle.
Legislative Leader: President must sign bills into law, and president also has the legislative program that is an agenda given to Congress in the annual State of the Union Address.
Head of State: A ceremonial role that represents America at special occasions and ceremonies. President acts as a living symbol of the Unites States of America.
Economic Leader:Deals with unemployment rate, inflation, and high taxes. Also plans the federal governments budget.
Party Leader: President is viewed as the leader of their political party. They select party's national chairs-person. President also helps raise money and funds for their political party.
Compensation and Benefits
Benefits that the president receives while in office are:
- A annually salary of $400,000
- A travel allowance of $100,000 per year,
- Specially equipped private jet, planes, helicopters, and limousines.
- Free medical, dental, and health care during office
- Residence in the 132-room white house equipped with a swimming pool, bowling alley, private movie theater, tennis courts and a staff of servants.
- Also receives physical protection from the secret service (an organization strictly employed to prevent any harm to the president or the president's family).