Nick Hanson & Noah Beer
Constitutional Requirements to be a President
- Must be a Native Born U.S Citizen
- Must be at least 35 years of age
- One must live in the Unites States for 14 years
Benefits, Perks, and Salary of being President
- $400,000 annually
- Secret Service Protection for 10 years
- You have complete control of executive power
- In a time of war the president becomes the head of the military
- Serve as commander in chief of all U.S. armed forces
- Commission officers of the armed forces
- Grant pardons and reprieves from Federal offenses (except impeachments)
- Convene special sessions of Congress
- Receive foreign ambassadors
- Take care that Federal laws are faithfully executed
- Wield the "executive power"
- Appoint officials to lesser offices
- Make treaties
- Appoint ambassadors, judges, and higher officials
- Approve legislation
Noah and I think that the most important power is approving legislation because the final step in the process is he President and if he approves it becomes law. Creating a new law is something that is very important.
Facilitate: To facilitate meetings where you get the best information is another good trait a president should have.
Trust: Being a trustworthy president is something that a president must have.
Negotiate: Being able to negotiate in trades and other circumstances is a strong trait to have as a president.
Personality: Having a good personality will not only make the presidency more fun but also will make the presidents peers more excited for him to be the president.