American History 1
- John Locke- He was an English philosopher, he invented natural rights and inspired colonists
- George Washington- He was an important war general and the first president of the United States.
- Thomas Jefferson- He was responsible for the Louisiana Purchase and he sent out the Lewis and Clark expedition. He was also the third president.
- Fredrick Douglas- He was a runaway slave who was educated. He wrote a book about his life that showed people in the north what slavery was really like.
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton- She was a Women’s Rights Activist who organized the Seneca Falls Convention.
- Jamestown, Virginia- The first successful town of the colonies in America.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania- The place where the Constitutional Convention was held.
- Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts - The First College in America.
- Fort Sumter in South Carolina- The place where the Civil War began.
- Seneca Falls, New York- Where the Seneca Falls Convention was held to discuss women's rights.
- Bifocals- Benjamin Franklin invented in them in the early 1760’s that had two distinct optical powers.
- Cotton Gin- The cotton gin was invented by Eli Whitney, it was the center of the economy of the South.
- Telegraph- The telegraph was invented by Samuel Morse, it helped the north win the Civil War
- Colt 45- It was invented by Samuel Colt and made defending yourself easier with 5 shots a round.
- Minnie Ball- This bullet made the war deadlier with how fast it impacted the body and how it shattered bones.
- The American Revolution- This caused America to become a free and independent country.
- Indian Removal Act- This placed Native Americans on reservations and stripped them from their land.
- War of 1812- This was a War over boundaries in North America.
- French and Indian War- War between British Colonies and New France over land boundaries.
- The Civil War- A war within our nation between the North and South over the issue of slavery.