Ensuring Continuity Across Classrooms
Why Is This Important?
- To have a greater in depth understanding of the assessment criteria and rubrics.
- To come to consensus as a department on the interpretation of level descriptors for our students’ work.
- Ensures that the assessment and rubric are in alignment.
Snapshot of Collaborative Scoring
APS Snapshots 4x11 Collaborative Scoring
Protocol for Scoring Work Together
- A protocol ensures that there is equity in how each person's contributions are considered.
- It creates a structure that makes it safe to ask challenging questions of each other.
- Finally, because time is always a precious resource among educators, protocols are a way to make the most of the time allotted for examining student work.
Norms for Scoring
A set of norms has been established to help with potential areas of conflict. Adhering to the norms will ensure timeliness, fairness and rich conversation.