Christ's Young Professionals
Live Full. Love Much. Pray Always.
4 MORE DAYS TO GO BEFORE LIVE HIGH!
Thank you for accepting the invitation of the Christ’s Young Professionals (CYP) of the Brotherhood of Christian Businessmen and Professional, Quezon City Chapter (BCBP-QC) to attend LIVE HIGH SIX WEEKEND RETREAT. It is our heartfelt wish to give young professionals the chance to let go of their daily stress and worries just for a few days and refocus their lives to something fruitful.
See you this coming weekend October 7-9, 2016 at Angels' Hills Retreat and Formation Center. 017 Maitim 2nd East, Tagaytay City 4120 Philippines
What is LIVE HIGH?
The LIVE HIGH! Weekend Retreat is open for single men and women from ages 21 to 37. It aims to bring more young professionals and entrepreneurs to a closer encounter with self and better relationships with their families, others and God. It’s a time to “detox” from stress and problems, to refresh oneself emotionally and spiritually and rethink one’s direction in life. Various speakers were invited to share their journey on exploring more of themselves and how they developed their relationship with their loved ones and with God. Each one of the talks are followed by a group activity and a time for personal reflection. The retreat will end with a Mass on Sunday.
TALKS and SPEAKERS
Speaker: Danny Dy
- Prepares the participants for the Weekend by asking the basic questions in life: What is my purpose? Where am I vis-à-vis my self, my family, others and God?
Encounter with Self
Speaker: Tep Misa
- Masks that we wear prevent us from knowing our real selves. If we go beyond these masks, then we discover our real selves, with all our gifts, talents as well as faults, that we can share with others.
Encounter with Family
Speaker: Red Feria
- Our family is our “little church” but is also fraught with conflicts between parents and siblings. Jesus message of love and forgiveness help us reconcile with one another and enable us to move on with God’s plan in our life, while bringing our family closer to Jesus.
Encounter with Others
Speaker: Beda Manalac
- No man is an island. We interact with others, and love (as defined in the Bible) should be the basis of our relationship.
Meeting Jesus in the Sacrament of Reconciliation
Speaker: Patrick Angeles
- A talk on the value of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. It is not just a ritual, but an encounter with Jesus who loves and forgives.
Speaker: Daphne Alina
- To heal wounded relationships with others (especially parents and family) and with God. A pre-requisite to experiencing God’s love.
Encounter with God
Speaker: Fr. Orly Sapuay
- The real profound encounter. We are not complete unless we encounter God in the events of our lives.
Healing of Memories
Speaker: Ting & Bow Valdez
- A follow-up to the Forgiveness Prayer. Goes deeper and farther. Emotional outpouring of past hurts through praying over and embrace of individual ministers. Discovers that God’s love is felt when relationships are healed.
What's Next (After Live High)
Speaker: Anjel Adrineda
- The participant who has accepted self, is “healed,” and now ready to share God’s love, is introduced to how he or she can share self through CYP.
With just a few more days to go, here are some reminders and important details to remember for the retreat.
- We have available carpool service in these pickup points for those who opted to join. One in QC, Ortigas and in Taguig/Makati area. Our carpool coordinator Rocky Lapid 0917 547 6259 will contact you to assist you in regard to your transportation inquiries.
- For those who will bring their own vehicle, map of the retreat venue will be provided below.
- Registration starts at around 5:30 PM. Since the retreat will start on a Friday, please give an allowance for traffic so that you can arrive just in time for the registration and to check in.
- Dinner will be served at 6:30 PM after you register and check in.
- After dinner you can rest for awhile, when you hear the bell please proceed to the conference hall. Program will start at 8:00 PM.
- Wear casual clothes but please dress properly and modesty. Sunday's best is requested for the Sunday Mass.
- Check out time on Sunday is at 1:30 PM after Lunch.
- Food outside is not allowed, no smoking, no drugs and no alcoholic drinks.
- You may tell your friends/family to contact Mai Cue 0917 861 2070 in case of any emergency during the weekend retreat.
What to Bring:
- Bible and rosary
- Extra blanket or pillows
- Insect repellant
- Water jug