Eastside Dream Builders
Eastside Elementary Parent Newsletter
- Jan. 4th: Teacher PD/no school for students
- Jan. 5th: Students RETURN TO SCHOOL!
- Jan. 10th: Report cards
- Jan. 10th: Lil Dribblers @ 7:00
- Jan. 10th-14th: K, 1st, and 2nd MAP testing
- Jan. 17th: MLK Day/no school
- Jan 20th: Safety Drills
- Jan. 20th: Lil Dribblers @ 7:00
- Feb. 8th: Progress reports
- Feb. 21st: President's Day/no school
Science of Reading for families!
Each month, the RISE team produces a newsletter to explore and promote the Science of Reading in Arkansas. Within the newsletter, there are lots of resources that you may find helpful as you help your child grow on their reading journey! The RISE newsletter for January can be found here! This edition is all about Greek and Latin roots! When students understand the origin of words, they will have a deeper understanding of the English language. Page 4 has fun activities that allow readers to learn more about Greek and Latin roots by taking "The Root Challenge" and solving "Sight and Sound Root RIddles!"
A few announcements
- Instruction begins at 7:45 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- If you have any transportation changes, please make sure that you let Mrs. Whitney know by 2:30pm. This ensures that she has enough time to alert teachers of the change. Teachers may not check communication throughout the day, so changes need to go through the office.
- Information about the school day and the district's response to COVID-19 can be found here.
- The updated school calendar for the 2021-22 school year can be found here.
- Parents of students in grades 3-5, please revisit with your child the school's dress code! Tank tops must be at least 3 fingers wide and shorts must be fingertip length. Thank you for your help with this!