Brentwood High School - Mrs. Aloia - Room 123
WANTED: STUDENTS WHO ARE SEEKING SEEKING EMPLOYMENT AND PLAN ON CONTINUING EDUCATION
In this class you will be:
- Assessing your strengths and weakness to determine a suitable career for YOU
- Choose YOUR own career research project to complete
- Complete a job shadowing of YOUR choice
- Discover which college entrance exam is best for YOU
- Create YOUR own plan for after high school by determining the best post secondary education for YOU
- Build a resume, cover letter, and career portfolio to help you better YOURSELF in the real world
- Determine if YOU can live on YOUR own after college
"If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have got" -Glenn Schmartsman
Things you will need to be successful
- 2" binder with tab dividers (8) for your class portfolio
- 2" binder with tab dividers (8) for your college project
- Internet connection
Other Things to Remember....
- All completed assignments and make up work should be turned into the Career Awareness tray located on my desk.
- If you are absent -- see me! You will need any worksheets or notes we did the day you were out. You will need them for your career portfolio.
- Speaker of your career portfolio --- we will have a binder check at the end of each marking period. I highly recommend that anything we do should be hole punched and placed in the binder.
- If you need to use the restroom, want a drink, or need to go to you locker you may only do so during the first and last five minutes of class.
- All rules in the handbook apply in this room. Cell phones and snacks are prohibited!