The Preschool Press
February 4, 2022
A Note From the Director
Only in Oklahoma can we enjoy a 70 degree day outside and a snow day in the same week! We were able to enjoy a few days celebrating our Catholic School this week. A few of our activities will be rescheduled for next week. Stay tuned for information on that.
Today is the last day to re-enroll for the 22-23 school year. New students will be offered spots beginning Monday. If your child is not re-enrolled, I cannot guarantee you will have a spot next year. Please email me if you have questions about your re-enrollment.
The deadline to apply to kindergarten is Monday. Please remember that all students planning to enroll in kindergarten for 22-23 at Marquette must apply.
Summer Play Days registration will begin March 1st. We will hold two, three week sessions.
Session One: June 6-June 24
Session Two: July 6-July 22
The cost is $50 per day. Children enrolling in PK3 next year may attend as long as they are potty trained. Questions? Contact Mrs. Bergner or Mrs. McGough.
Next Week at a Glance
Kindergarten Application Deadline
Frog Field Trip
Special Visit from Dentist
Boots 'N BBQ
Parent/Teacher Conferences are Wednesday, February 16th, and Thursday, February 17th. School will dismiss at 2:15 on Wednesday, February 16th. There will be no school on Thursday, February 17th, Friday, February 18th (Diocesan Inservice) or Monday, February 21st (Presidents Day). Wednesday conferences are 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. and Thursday conferences are 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Child care is not provided during conferences other than for those enrolled in aftercare which ends at 5:30pm Wednesday. There is no aftercare on the 17th, 18th, or 21st since school is not in session.
How To Schedule a Conference
Once again we will be utilizing the Pick a Time on-line scheduling system. Conference scheduling will open on 01/30/22 at 7:00 PM and will close on 02/15/22 at 3:00 PM. You will not be able to schedule before this time on Sunday, January 30, 2022. The website is: https://pickatime.com/marquetteschool. Be sure to choose February 22 Parent-Teacher Conferences.
Register (new users)
1. Enter your email address and push "Login/Create Account".
2. Fill in the required fields and register.
Sign In (returning users)
If you've previously registered, all you need to do is enter your email and password. The system will know about your appointments and the children you have added to your account.
1. Each colored square represents an available meeting time. The legend shows you which teacher corresponds to which color, and the times increase as you go down the page. (Note: you may not see all of the teachers at your school, just the set of teachers that your children have classes with.) Click on a square to book that time.
2. You will optionally have the choice of setting a time when you would like a reminder email delivered.
3. Click "Create Appointment".
Repeat until you have a time with each teacher you'd like to visit with.
At any time you can click on "printable schedule" and print the resulting webpage to get a hard copy of your schedule. You will also have the option to email your schedule to yourself. If you want to make changes to your schedule, you can log in at any time with the email address and password you used to create your account.
Click on "Your Schedule" to display and hide your appointments. There will be links to change the time, or cancel the appointment.
RISE BOOTS 'N BBQ
You're invited to Boots N' BBQ! Grab your partner and round up your friends for food, libations, live music, casino tables, dancing and more all in support of our amazing RISE program.
Reserve your table today: https://bit.ly/3GGtBI1
After School Art Class
Instructions to Print Your FACTS Annual Payment Summary
1. Log into Family Portal
Reminder: the Marquette District Code is MS-OK
2. Click on “Financial” in the lower left hand corner (located in the red menu box)
3. Click on “Financial Home” located in the Financial Links menu box on the right
4. Click on “View Details” in the Payment Plan and Billing Menu
5. Click on the blue “View Payment Summary” button
6. The Payment Summary that appears lists all payments you have made to Marquette/ ECDC for the previous calendar year.
22-23 School Calendar
Please note our school calendar for the next school year! More details will follow later, but please see the highlights thus far.
Red Highlight-Day off School
Blue Highlight-Day in school
August 18 First Day of School
September 29-30 Parent-Teacher Conferences
October 13 Diocesan Teacher In-Service
October 14 Fall Break
February 15-16 Parent-Teacher Conferences
February 17 Diocesan Teacher In-ServiceFebruary 20 President’s Day-No School
Volunteering and VIRTUS
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process. We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO