Writing Helps And Tips
Created and Designed By: Sadie Player
The 6 Traits of Writing
Color Coding Your Essays
Conventions was the last trait, but this is another way to keep your writing organized. All you need is three highlighters: green, yellow, and red.
- Green stands for "go". It represents the beginning and end.
- Yellow stands for "slow". It marks the beginning of a new paragraph or transitions.
- Red stands for "stop". It represents the information in the paragraph.
The Writing Process
The Writing Procces
- Brainstorming is where you think up a topic or other ideas.
- In Prewriting, you can use t-charts or other things that you want to use as things to write your ideas.
- Compose is just a fancy way of saying your first draft, also known as a sloppy copy
- Evaluation is where you look for things that need to be changed.
- Revision is where you either lengthen or shorten your story.
- Editing is where you fix everything, from spelling to capitalization, to numbers, to commas,An everything else!
- Publishing/Sharing Is, simply put, showing off your story.