Does race has effect on high school dropout rates
High School Dropout Statistics of 2013 and 2014
Statistics of 2014
High school dropout facts in US
1. Every year, over 1.2 million students drop out of high school in the United States alone. That’s a student every 26 seconds – or 7,000 a day.
2. About 25% of high school freshmen fail to graduate from high school on time.
3. The U.S., which had some of the highest graduation rates of any developed country, now ranks 22nd out of 27 developed countries.
4. A high school dropout will earn $200,000 less than a high school graduate over his lifetime. And almost a million dollars less than a college graduate.
5. In 2010, 38 states had higher graduation rates. Vermont had the highest rate, with 91.4% graduating. And Nevada had the lowest with 57.8% of students graduating.
6. Almost 2,000 high schools across the U.S. graduate less than 60% of their students.
7. In the U.S., high school dropouts commit about 75% of crimes.